Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anti-heterosexual discrimination
Matthew Mitcham a openly gay Australian Olympian
[Image: enhanced-buzz-1514-1342719434-8.jpg][Image: mitcham_gay_games_gold.jpg]

so the story unfolds:
A heterosexual married couple, Australian Olympic shooters Russell & Lauryn Mark are whining that they won’t be able to stay together in the Olympic village. "He says it’s anti-heterosexual discrimination. there are tons of gay couples on the Olympic team who will be rooming together so we are being discriminated against because we are heterosexual. Every couple, whether they are married or de facto should have the AOC trying to bend over backwards to accommodate their needs."

Matthew Mitcham twitted that:
"since there were only 11 out gays across all nations [in 2008], I’d hardly consider that a ton. Known couples are split anyway. The last thing I need is a sexually frustrated breeder with a shotgun being cross with me."

I read an article about that a short while ago. I guess the reason why the couple couldn't be roomed together was because of their number of rooms that would have to fit like a whole bunch of people in one room in order to have the couple be together. So they didn't think it was necessary to room like 5( or more than 5? I forget) people together just so the couple could room together. I read that article off yahoo news so it's credibility is...lacking and I don't entirely remember what I read but that's all I know about it so far.

some people just have way to much free time on their hands. anti-heterosexual discrimination? oh, puh-lease! Wink

I heard it was a boarding issue, that they didn't want men & women sharing a bathroom and bedroom together (and the enforcers of the said rule found it easier to overlook the implications of someone being gay entering the equation).

I'm of 2 minds:

On one hand, who cares if men & women share a room and bathroom together? (Granted, one or more males might be made to feel a little anxious if any woman about to use the toilet finds a certain masculine stain on the seat and has a reaction that spreads to all the other women... :tongue: ) From this PoV people should grow up and stop being so icked out by casually sharing space with the opposite gender (and that would be convenient for many of our transgendered friends as well). Granted, I CAN see drama coming out of this (eg, man comes out of shower, woman sick of cleaning up bathtubs at "male infested" home goes in and comes back out and slings towel at him to clean his hairs out of the tub, he says they'll wash down the drain easy enough and then others pick side and chime in....well you know there's no winners here unless someone finds this entertaining to watch. :tongue: ). Still, we're perfectly capable of generating drama without any help from the other gender, too.

OTOH, it's not like they can do anything anyway (gay or straight), or at least common decency (at least IMO) says they shouldn't. Sure, there's being next to someone but I don't understand the need for 24/7 contact, and I believe couples benefit from being a part from time to time. In any case this has absolutely no bearing on their overall lives that I can see or any more distressing than a partner on a business trip. So from this POV I say be glad you don't have any bigger problems to complain about.

OFTLOG .... Is it going to kill them to be apart for the sake of representing their country?

Storm in a tea cup.

give me a break... thats just stupid right there.

Quote:He says it’s anti-heterosexual discrimination. there are tons of gay couples on the Olympic team who will be rooming together so we are being discriminated against because we are heterosexual

Quote:He says it’s anti-heterosexual discrimination we are being discriminated against because we are heterosexual

Quote:heterosexual discrimination
That women has a lot of balls to say that the majority is being discriminated against

Matthew Mitcham for Prime Minister Smile

Rainbowmum Wrote:Storm in a tea cup.

Coffee cup, surely? :tongue:

Crying over spilt milk?