Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone ever get the silent treatment?
Such as no last words, good byes or breaking up, just silence?

That's pretty much what i got. pretty lame, but i guess that comes with being in a relationship with someone too young i guess. i already sent him a last email saying either way, peace. i feel like sending something saying to never come over or something, but maybe ending on a note of peace is fine even if i do feel some resentment and negativity towards him.

Curious if anyone has ever gotten this?

also btw, i recently got in touch with an old friend, actually maybe my first semi boyfriend recently so i still have some hope left in me Confusedmile:

also when i say hope, i mean in terms of personal relationships.personally i believe in looking from within regardless.

peace

From friends, yes. :frown:
Boyfriends? No, Never had one.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I had a similar incident... perhaps not quite the same, but definitely someone that as soon as things got tough wanted to just cut off communication rather than give a fair chance working things out or keeping promises. It was a short, brief thing and I've had someone treat me far worse ... but I actually hold more resentment and anger towards this guy for not giving us a chance to really talk, before he ensured it'd be too late.

Definitely glad you have some hope though Smile

Hey, I think more guys has gone through something like this than you think. The same happened to me and I had alot of anger and resentment for a very long time. If I'm in a relationship I put every bit of myself into it and when something like sudden silence happens it breaks me on another level.

I'm going through a similar situation at the moment and it's not pretty. It makes me loose hope that there is no decent guys out there which is worthy to share with.

I hope your ok cause I know what it's like.

Yeah, something similar happened to me. I guy I was seeing for about 2months. One day I got a parcel in the post from him. It was a t-shirt I had left at his place one night. No note, letter, nothing. I tried phoning him a few times to see what was going on, but it always went through to voicemail. I never did figure out what that was about.

So yes, I'm sure lots of guys have had that happen to them.

I've got a silent treatment once or twice by my friends, but not from boyfriend....well never had any. I 've given silent treatment to my friends and parents, but it's usually because they become too dependent on me and start to interfere with my daily routine.

thought i should update but it sounds like my bf is in some drama with his parents. to make it short- he is younger than me, not out the closet yet and there was some drama before this when they found pictures of a bong i sent to him, but he said his parents sent him away for awhile when they found his shit and hes prob gonna have to leave his house when he gets back.

sound crazy, will see what happens with this i guess.

I get it quite alot i think its because i ramble alot, so if i like talk about something i'll keep talking about it for another 5 minutes ha, its very awkward and makes me feel slightly unwanted.

xx

very common, unfortunately Sad