Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
apple vs. pc
I've always been a mac guy. I feel its a better platform for what do which is mostly digital media work with the Adobe products. I have always just preferred the look and feel of Apple products.

A PC is even more of a power house when you add Linux. I run a linux and windows 7 box, linux shits all over windows as well. Less errors, less bugs, less worry about virus and a highly configurable OS.

PC every time.

If I want it to work first time: Mac

If I want to spend hours fixing it and prove my modern masculinity: PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I respect the customization of a pc, but i find mac to suit me better. It just works every time, unlike windows.

Im a windows guy.. I detest macs because its so complicated to operate for me wityh windows its simpole and forward.. I like the feel of them the way it works and i enjoy the aspect of knowing what im doing.. Macs are ideal for business but due to costs companies never invest in them.

its good to have completion in the home markets. I switched to using Apple products about the time Microsoft's failed release of VISTA. Along came the iPhone too and things made sense. Everything has a cycle and with the death Steve Jobs Apple will be less of an innovator. If win8 is a success i might need to re evaluate things.

mac / goodness
-hardware is more expensive
-more intuitive easy to use, free new-bee classes at the retail stores
-easier to setup for the interweb
-less maintenance, my partners macBook portable is about 5-6years old
-software is less expensive, easy to install / un-install, more accurate reviews
-time on numbers approaching Linux systems
-retail stores are an asset in a crunch; partner dropped his craigslist iPhone into the ______ and got a genius bar replacement free
-iPhone, MacBook, iPond connectivity up scale and free, easy to install
-Fusion can run Windows, Linux(s) and OSX all on the same machine

bad:
-file system, the "Finder" is a joke and 3rd party apps PathFinder help but are bad
-iTunes is difficult and obfuscated, no replacement options
-closed OS intended to sell product on the iStore.

Microsoft / good
-lo hardware costs, you have the option to build your own and pay more
-less sensitive to DRM
-must for games if you don't own a separate game box
-excellent file system, Explorer works well

bad
-higher maintenance, seems the covers are always off
-higher than expected exposure to virus effects
-software is more expensive, updates are less seamless

Has to be PC for me .
I have a few machines here , and just like Daz I build my own , have been doing so for years.

Apple is to brand specific for my liking.

I'm an Apple Whore. :redface: I'm a photographer and my MacBook suits my needs perfectly. I actually bought my MacBook when my PC died a couple years ago, best purchase ever! It's been two years and I haven't had a single issue with it. I also have an iPad, iPhone, and iPod -- synching with a PC is a pain in the ass! There are always errors, the computer freezes up, etc. etc. etc.

Rosie Wrote:I'm an Apple Whore. :redface: I'm a photographer and my MacBook suits my needs perfectly. I actually bought my MacBook when my PC died a couple years ago, best purchase ever! It's been two years and I haven't had a single issue with it. I also have an iPad, iPhone, and iPod -- synching with a PC is a pain in the ass! There are always errors, the computer freezes up, etc. etc. etc.

With iCloud and wireless, computers are close to redundant when syncing and downloading updates