Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are you a creative or logical thinker - which hemishere of your brain do use the most
art/creativity is a global process in the brain, requiring bilateral processing. (certain specific things like pitch perception, for example, have been shown to be lateralized to one hemisphere (which is different for different people).

logic is also a global process requiring inputs from and processing between different brain regions from both hemispheres.

the brain is lateralized where motor function and sensory input are concerned so that the left cerebral cortex controls the right side of your body, and the right cerebral cortex controls the left side of your body (except for the cerebellum, left cerebellar lobe controls the left side of the body). also areas concerned with speech are located mostly in the left hemisphere, but not for everybody. intonation and accentuation have often been shown to be lateralized to the right hemisphere. regardless, language processing, too, is a bilateral process.

here's one of the articles that i could quickly find that is not full of technical terms:

left brain right brain

PS. the reason you may not have understood that manual, is probably because it's boring and full of all kinds of terminology which you're probably not that well-versed in. i'm sure your logical reasoning skills are fully intact (otherwise -- how did you write your post?). (i can read a text on neurology, astrobiology, quantum mechanics, for example, but throw a computer program manual at me and i can't get through one paragraph. it's because it is so utterly boring and i have no motivation to read a single word).
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I am very much the INFP profile..almost like someone was spying on me when they wrote it....

THIS:
INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst.

https://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html

I read every single profile to see if I fit any of other types...this is the only one that really applies to me so I totally believe in the test and it accurately describes me ...and this is definitely the way I think...

im a scientist but also like to draw and paint, take photos, played piano when i was younger, and i like to design clothes and furnitures, done some shelfs myself but dont have enough time or tools and place to do more - been thinking to go to back to a school, art school, and thinking about an industrial designing. But... i feel im already too old to get a new degree...

but, after the day and another, im more confident that neither side of my brain works Big Grin

meridannight Wrote:art/creativity is a global process in the brain, requiring bilateral processing. (certain specific things like pitch perception, for example, have been shown to be lateralized to one hemisphere (which is different for different people).

logic is also a global process requiring inputs from and processing between different brain regions from both hemispheres.

the brain is lateralized where motor function and sensory input are concerned so that the left cerebral cortex controls the right side of your body, and the right cerebral cortex controls the left side of your body (except for the cerebellum, left cerebellar lobe controls the left side of the body). also areas concerned with speech are located mostly in the left hemisphere, but not for everybody. intonation and accentuation have often been shown to be lateralized to the right hemisphere. regardless, language processing, too, is a bilateral process.

here's one of the articles that i could quickly find that is not full of technical terms:

left brain right brain

PS. the reason you may not have understood that manual, is probably because it's boring and full of all kinds of terminology which you're probably not that well-versed in. i'm sure your logical reasoning skills are fully intact (otherwise -- how did you write your post?). (i can read a text on neurology, astrobiology, quantum mechanics, for example, but throw a computer program manual at me and i can't get through one paragraph. it's because it is so utterly boring and i have no motivation to read a single word).

Ok, I'm kind of slow in this. What I understand in this post is that logic requires both sides of brain working together. The same goes for art.

If that's the case, I'll go with [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION].

Oddly, despite being excellent at math, my mind is constantly wandering all over the place. I've learned to sort of let it wander...but on a long leash, so I can drag it back to where it needs to be if the situation warrants it. My creativity seems to come in random, hard-to-pin-down areas. One might say "problem solving", but that's not really totally accurate either. Maybe something like "thinking outside the box"?

Example. My friend was putting out a 7" single. As it ends up, the song on both sides of the 45 were exactly two minutes and 35 seconds. The record company didn't want to list both times as 2:35, as they thought it would look like a mistake, so they were going to change one to read "2:37". I said "Why not write '2:35' on the front side, and '2:35 again' on the back?" They all looked at me like I had just solved some amazingly complex mathematical puzzle.

Another example. Another local band wanted to film a music video, but the lead singer had to leave town for an extended period. They said "Well, how are we going to film a video if he's not here?" I said "film a video with you guys holding up a piece of paper, and blue-screen him into it." Again, they found that idea mind-altering. But to me, it was more like "duh".

Lex

DawnArmy Wrote:Ok, I'm kind of slow in this. What I understand in this post is that logic requires both sides of brain working together. The same goes for art.

If that's the case, I'll go with [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION].

yes. analytical thinking/logic and creative process involves different brain structures from both hemispheres, and communication between them. structures in one hemisphere do not appear to dominate over the ones in the other hemisphere where this is concerned.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I am logical. I was always good at math. So much so that I would assist my college instructors to help individuals who were struggling in trig or calculus. I do enjoy to write, but I don't think I am very good, so I guess that limits my creative side. Which makes me upset because I get jealous of creative people.