Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are you happy?
Currently I am mad - as in manic mad, not angry mad - which is a form of happiness... but prolonged which is as bad as prolonged sadness which most people call depression.

For the most part I am content in/with my life. There are a few things I strive to improve, but I am content with the way things are and am not unhappy with my life.

I'm always tweaking things here and there, trying at least one new 'thing' in my routine to see if I can improve whatever. I also always want a little more.... a little more garden, a little more peace, a little more music - nothing major like I want a more money (meaning thousands) but small stuff, reasonable attainments/goals I set for myself.

For instance I would love to be able to raise all of my food... All of it, from chickens to corn, from goat milk to wheat... Ideally. Realistically I will have to rely on milk from the store and eggs from the chicken lady... well until she dies.

However I can live exactly the way I am living for the rest of my life and be comfortable with that. A touch boring, but manageable. Thus I am content/satisfied.

The Declaration of Independence of the United States proclaims that all men (sorry ladies) have certain basic rights, including "the pursuit of happiness". The authors were wise not to list 'happiness' itself. Happiness comes and goes, but we at least have a right to pursue it.

Am I happy? No. I get there briefly a few times a week, playing music with friends, sharing a sunset with someone special, kayaking over glassy water, etc. In general I have been quite depressed lately. Fortunately, I'm a hopeless optimist at heart so somehow I muddle through, half-heartedly pursuing happiness one day at a time.

I don't understand what "happy" means in general. Even if life has its own shit, happiness might be found at one precise moment in music, with other people, in arts, in sciences, etc.

I also think happiness exists when tragedy also exists. Else I think it's just routine and life goes on and we find pleasures in small things life offers.

i think people fixate on the things they don't have.

i have many blessings: a partner, family, friends, health, education, pets, food, gadgets... but i fixate on the things i don't have. so i should probably be happier than i am.

but on the bright side it keeps you motivated to strive...

Pix Wrote:Hope you're prepared to be angry for the rest of your life.

I so fucken am ready!

I'm happy. I realize my life isn't perfect and it never will be. There are obviously things I want to accomplish before my existence is over, but for now. I'm satisfied. Smile

No :confused:
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I am happy today. Smile
An eye for an eye

Dan1980 Wrote:I am happy today. Smile

Why ? Lucky you !

Ekwarph Wrote:Why ? Lucky you !

I have finally sorted out a personal matter which I am so happy about. Smile
An eye for an eye