Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb Pigeon? Or genius pigeon?
At a glance, seems like its a dumbass, but what if it has calculated that if it stands just so, and the bus passes over it at a certain angle, the wheel will miss it... And its just testing a hypothesis?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2539825...-bus-o.gif

^_^

>.< Pigeon with no brains
Maybe a grain of sand.
They all seem pretty dumb to me I don't see this one being smart. Just really lucky :3

I don't know about the pigeon there but some birds have been observed to understand about lines in the road so that they feel comfortable at not being run over by a car coming from one direction if they're on the other side of the line...that assumes, of course, some nasty human doesn't decide to swerve to hit the bird just to see if he can.

I've seen some clever birds, including those that knew how open chests to get at food inside. And I once fed some seagulls in which one had a plastic ring around his neck...and that same seagull would fly down to me wherever I was at up to a month later (and then I never saw it again, at least to recognize it which I only did because of the plastic ring stuck around its neck), the seagull REMEMBERED me as one who feeds seagulls.

The more I observe nature, the more i wonder if they are smarter then we think they are. Ive seen similar bird stories and videos like you describe. I've also recently read an article about an experiment on plants that show that some plants can learn, and remember certain aspects of their environment, which begs the question if intelligence can be found in plants, which have no "brain" as we know it, maybe intelligence is not linked to brain size, per se.

Here's the article about plants: http://www.outsideonline.com/news-from-t...rain-.html

A genius, of course. XD
I remember a pigeon taking the underground, LOL