Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
been electrocuted ?
How we do live in different climates, if i saw a lizard id probably invite it in. Ive seen the zappers, a freind had one shaped like a small tennis racket. I havent got a lawn, i live in a flat/apartment.

There pretty much gone now, only been a few today, not one at the moment.

there was a movie Socket 2007

[Image: MV5BMTgzMjUzNDg1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY1...4,317_.jpg]
[Image: MV5BMTc3MDkyNDY2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTUw...SY273_.jpg]

That sounds good, id like to see that.

No!

You weren't electrocuted - you were shocked.

You were shocked, not electrocuted.

Electrocution is death by electric shock.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/electrocuted

If you did not die, you were not electrocuted.

The word does seem to be a combination of "electric" and "execution"... so yeah, that actually makes sense.
Funnily enough I never actually thought about it before, but yeah... turns out electrocution is fatal. Who knew? Laugh

Was going to post here saying I've been electrocuted before. But it turns out, I've only been shocked before.

You learn something new every day :p

Chase Wrote:No!

You weren't electrocuted - you were shocked.

You were shocked, not electrocuted.

Electrocution is death by electric shock.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/electrocuted

If you did not die, you were not electrocuted.

listen you, mister i was a little bit electrocuted, im gonna try to finish the story.

I think you can take the term in the way that it was intended in the OP.

I'm quite shocked that anyone would object. Evilgrin1

continued...

So im trying to take the shade off but the flies are buzzing everywhere and im rushing, not paying attention (clearly) and for some reason theres a huge flie in my hand, my fist is closed around it, its so big, why am i holding onto this huge flie.

Electrocution is term meaning judicial execution by the application of electricity. Electro and Execution. Strictly speaking the term shouldn't be applied to electrical death by accident or suicide.

I've had a few electric shocks from time to time, nothing very serious but unpleasant all the same. My housemate once nearly gave him self a shock from the washing machine. The on/off switch had come away from the casing and exposed the live circuit board behind.

I had taken to manipulating the circuit board with the rubber end of a pencil, he was going to do it with his bare finger!

Talk about natural selection!

tavi Wrote:continued...

So im trying to take the shade off but the flies are buzzing everywhere and im rushing, not paying attention (clearly) and for some reason theres a huge flie in my hand, my fist is closed around it, its so big, why am i holding onto this huge flie.

Do you think you could move this on a little?