Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best kept secret in the UK
Chas Wrote:At least with football here the game is played mostly with our feet, yours however is rugby for pansies!

rugby is for pansies! Tongue

Stop arguing about sports. They all suck! Twak

VileKyle Wrote:*sigh* These are the moments when I wish USA would give a damn about foreign countries. Good job UK. Hopefully we'll catch up soon.

It seems to me that the USA does give a damn about other countries.

If a countries national product is cabbages then you can be assured that the USA will have very little interest. When that national product becomes oil then, THEN the USA gives one big hell of a damn!

We got dragged in to a war with Iraq in 1990 and the reason given was that we were defending democracy. Kuwait was an absolutist monarchy.

We went back for a second go in 2003 because, it was said, we were ridding the world of a tyrant and a dictator. Fair enough, but when are we going to see the might of NATO pitted against Robert Mugabe?

Back on topic...

The Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill received the Royal Assent on Wednesday. The Royal Assent is not the final stage in the process, the Home Secretary must sign it in to law at a future date.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/news/2...-marriage/

Oh, well, I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I guess we're lucky Theresa May is Home Secretary.:tongue:

Vigilias Wrote:It seems to me that the USA does give a damn about other countries.

If a countries national product is cabbages then you can be assured that the USA will have very little interest. When that national product becomes oil then, THEN the USA gives one big hell of a damn!

We got dragged in to a war with Iraq in 1990 and the reason given was that we were defending democracy. Kuwait was an absolutist monarchy.

We went back for a second go in 2003 because, it was said, we were ridding the world of a tyrant and a dictator. Fair enough, but when are we going to see the might of NATO pitted against Robert Mugabe?

A bit off topic, isn't it? I'm trying to approve of other countries. Can't you take a compliment without tossing back an insult? Take your national hatred to someone who cares.

Not all of the UK has legalised same-sex marriage, only Wales and England. Scotland looks likey to follow but Northern Ireland looks as if it won't.

Vigilias Wrote:It seems to me that the USA does give a damn about other countries.

Ummmm, huh?

And this has what to do with same sex marriage?

Look man, as a defender of American freedom I am the first to admit that we are flawed, but seriously?

Do you hate us that much that you have to totally hijack this topic?

Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2