Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
biggest disappointment in the olympics
simple for me - A Great Britain football team without a single Scotish player - what a joke, although why should i be suprised as the GB olympics benifited only southoners anyway

Swimmer olympic silver medal Rebecca adlington and Christine Ohuruogu was so close in defending her 400 meteres.

What was up with the closing ceremony? There was no ethnic diversity?

I was so angry hearing people criticize Gabby Douglas for the way she wears her hair...WTF is wrong with people???????????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It is bad enough that adults do it to each other but to a kid????...and such a fine athlete? THIS is what some people focused on? UGH

I am so glad she stood up for herself!

East Wrote:I was so angry hearing people criticize Gabby Douglas for the way she wears her hair...WTF is wrong with people???????????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

It is bad enough that adults do it to each other but to a kid????...and such a fine athlete? THIS is what some people focused on? UGH

I am so glad she stood up for herself!

Can you say "Jealousy makes you nasty?" It was ridiculous, instead of praising her for becoming the first African-American woman to win the individual all-around competition, they mocked her hair. And what made it worse (IMO) was that most of the jokes came from fellow African American women...

My biggest disappointment was Australia's performance in the pool. Our swim team didn't have the spark that it used to have, probably because the Chinese and other countries have paid our swim coaches more than the Australians do so we have lost our best coaches to other countries.

Michael Diamond in shooting was also a disappointment, he was going for his 3rd gold and missed out completely on a medal, I felt sad for him.

Our medal tally was a little disapponting too, last time we had this few medals was LA 1984.

I was also extremely disappointed with the TV coverage of the Games in Australia, it's the worst I have ever seen on Australian TV. 3 minute commercial breaks after every event, or you would be sitting thre getting into the hockey, beach volleyball or something like that....and then it would be over to the swimming. Channel 9 broadcasts on 4 channels, you would think each channel could show something different.

We missed a lot of events, barely saw a minute of weight lifting, gymnastics, archery or the shooting all the coverage we got was either swimming or athletics.