Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bisexual
Hey,
I'm bisexual and I am so done hiding my true self from my parents. Although they are not completely homophobic, I am not confident they will understand bisexuality right away. They have previously expressed doubt about the authenticity of my bisexual friend Tyler's orientation. Despite this, I want to come out. I am so sick and tired of worrying about them finding out and I deserve to stop hiding. It is eating me away and I need to do this. But how? HELP!

At 18 you have to take in consideration if this could result in loss of support. Are you still living with your parents and are you still financially dependent on them? I think everyone should live as the person they are, but the timing of this has take in mind security and safety.

I felt the same way at your age, and 30 years later, I'm finally working on coming out. I considered myself bisexual all these years, since I only dated women--even though I still had a desire for a certain type of man (but never acted on it).

I can't offer you any advice, other than to not waste as many years as I did being unhappy. As for whether it's the right time to tell your parents, only you can truly answer that. Everyone's situation is different.