Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brick and morter store failure
needed a simple item; drove to a national department store JCPenney that would likely have it. Curtains for my front door.

The store was very new, clean and well organized. The store fixtures were very expensive and over whelming to look at. Talked to a well dressed friendly store associate who took 15 minutes to explained they did not have the item.

Looking around, actually there was nothing to buy, it was all display.

an ebay search turned up three vendors one having the item for $11.00 and free shipping.

hate to see it but bricks and morter are taking a real hammering, here in uk anyway - we use to have an amazing busy town center with a massive market then the council over the last maybe 10 years have let 7 big name supermarkets open all around it, pretty much destroyed the town as they are all less that 1 mile from town centre, most are half that - and im a culprit too ... I buy tons of stuff off amazon just because I can compare many vendors selling through them - even for insect bite spray the other day - it is sad but they call it progress

I had a similar situation happen to me when I went looking for sheers to fit my french doors. No one had the right size and I ended up buying over sized sheers and used scissors and a sewing machine to modify them to fit.

Normally, JCPenney is a great place to buy window treatments. If you can't find what you want at one of their stores, they might have it in their catalog,,, which I've used a couple time when I need a certain curtain style that wasn't in the store.
We Have Elvis !!