Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can someone answer why?
i dunno i have these habbits like biting the skin off my fingers, biting my bottom lip, biting my cheeks and grinding my teeth. i do them all like all thru the day and i dont stop/ i cant stop it i just do it. like sometimes i wont even realsie it. but ill bit my lip until its all sore and swelled. and ill bit the skin on my fingers until ive bitten like 2 layers off to where im at the pink skin underneth and my cheecks until there swelled and i grind my teeth til my jaw hurts. also when im done biting my skin on my finger i just pick at it. is this like obeseive compolsive disorder or just something dumb? hellppppp. how do i stop it?

I think you should try to do other things if you feel that to want to bite...

Here we have a liquid.... i don´t know the name in time... you put it on your fingers and if you put your fingers into the mouth it tastes really bad and bitter. Maybe you can ask for it in a drugstore...

ZombieSlayer Wrote:i dunno i have these habbits like biting the skin off my fingers, biting my bottom lip, biting my cheeks and grinding my teeth. i do them all like all thru the day and i dont stop/ i cant stop it i just do it. like sometimes i wont even realsie it. but ill bit my lip until its all sore and swelled. and ill bit the skin on my fingers until ive bitten like 2 layers off to where im at the pink skin underneth and my cheecks until there swelled and i grind my teeth til my jaw hurts. also when im done biting my skin on my finger i just pick at it. is this like obeseive compolsive disorder or just something dumb? hellppppp. how do i stop it?
Hey ZombieSlayer, you're not alone.

I have a habit of biting my fingers, both of my lips too, but not biting my cheeks or grind my teeth. I've been doing that the most of my life and I can't stop, even though I do it once in awhile. The truth is, that's not good enough to stop me from doing those things.

Of what Fenris says, if I ever have the money and the time to go to the drug store, I'll give the medicine a try.

Hmm, sounds like it might be a form of OCD, but I'm not really sure. My cousin used to pull her eyelashes out, and she was NOT in good shape (mentally). I think you should see a doctor and explain your situation. There could be some great treatment available!!! Smile

I think I read somewhere that trying to stop this kind of compulsion is difficult because we actually like doing it. Trying to use will power to stop doing something that we like doing is a bit like using will-power to forget how to ride a bicycle.

I'm sure that doesn't help one bit, but I hope you find an answer you can work with.

It sounds to me as if you are going through a rough patch and are very nervous or anxious... maybe there would be something that a treatment could do, but you would need to talk about this to your physician and tell him or her that you'd like to be able to get a little control over things. Does this state of things happen when you are rather tense? If so, maybe you need to see how you can be more relaxed. Have you discussed this with your parents? Do they find these habits self harming, are they worried about them? It's a bit like smoking, people do it because it becomes compulsive, but it can be stopped given the right help and the right social and mental environment to do so... Maybe a romantic attachment might do the trick, but I know that's not always available.

I'd suggest chewing gum, which should hopefully prevent you from chewing your fingers/lips/cheeks.

hiya zombie,
It sounds like your suffering from stress babes... Take some time for yourself and dont allow life to stress ya out... If you continuie to bite ya cheeks and insides of your mouth your going to end up with infections... With reghards to your fingers.... They are going to be sore hunni

Take it easy in life run a hot bath and relax and stop biting things and grinding your teeth and stressing... Make a chill out CD and listen to it for a bit topnight and every night until you've calmed yourself down... Take control of it before it takes control of you babes

Kindest regards *(hugz*

zeon x