Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannabis
Who smokes cannabis..weed...pot?

What are peoples opinion on legalizing it?

Why should/ should'nt it be legalized?

its legal in Denver Colorado. things are fluid about this here because every year the government puts more regulations on shop owners. There are shops on nearly every street corner.

-to the contrary i dont smoke, anything.
-reefer madness has not taken over Denver Colorado. Things carry on much the same
-some issues on DUI "driving under the influence" but I dont drink and drivie and have managed to avoid the people who do for 20years no accident yet.

this is another area the government spends too much money time effort dorking with.

I don't smoke anything (bad for the lungs and the rest of your body) but I do have a cannibus cookie or chocolate (or part of one) occasionally when I have stress or pain because it works great.

Legalization? I am 100% in favor of legalization.

If I am a free man then surely the presumption is that I am free to do something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I'm always concerned about abuse of anything like, and legalisation in my eyes will not change that.

As far as I am concerned, alcohol is available to people that are far too young. In Australia the legal age is 18, in my opinion it should be 21, and mull should be the same if legalised and be covered by the same laws as alcohol in regards to DIU and the workplace.

jamiebfd Wrote:Who smokes cannabis..weed...pot?

No. I did try some treats made with ganja butter last summer but that wasn't something I could be expected to do and only happened under a combination of unlikely circumstances. I haven't smoked in years and never plan to smoke it again (if fully legalized, I MIGHT smoke once in celebration IF offered by others who are celebrating).

jamiebfd Wrote:What are peoples opinion on legalizing it?

For it. I'd even legalize the hard drugs if it were up to me, though other laws would still be in effect (so meth labs could still be busted for violations against environmental protection laws, for example).

And obviously anyone who shows himself to be a public menace while out on drugs should be locked up in the drunk tank with the drunks until they're no longer a menace (but I don't think anything should happen to them other than a fine, at least not if it's just public intoxication). And I wouldn't consider being on drugs an excuse for antisocial behavior anymore than driving recklessly (drunk or sober) means they get off because "I didn't mean any harm, I was just reckless" or "I was drunk,"

jamiebfd Wrote:Why should/ should'nt it be legalized?

I could go on a long time on this, but I'll let this guy speak for me:

One thing I'd like to add is locking up pot smokers can turn otherwise useful citizens into burdens on society who are pushed to much harder crimes (and drugs) so it makes society more dangerous in the long run instead of safer.

It would also be nice if I didn't have to think about how we have the most people in prison of every country in the world every time someone shouts something clueless like, "America is the freest nation of Earth." It's really depressing to think about (and infuriating when I think of how rapists and child molesters are let out to make room for pot smokers to "serve a mandatory minimum sentence"--speaking of which I also hate how a pot conviction can bar a student college aid but not a conviction for rape).

However, I'd ban advertisements (the power of which can make many turkeys want to celebrate Thanksgiving, or "kill a turkey day" for you non-Americans) for drugs just as I'd like to see them remain banned for peddling alcohol and tobacco (and banned even more so), and for that matter I'd also like to ban ads for prescription drugs as well. As long as it can't be advertised I think drug abuse will decline (though it will always be present), like it has in Portugal.

I am pretty sure it is still legal in Canberra,I think you can grow two plants a year for personal use.
Have I smoked it , sure I have in my younger days.
Would I buy some now? Not a chance , god knows what they put it in these days.

I am more concerned with the alcohol issue here in Australia, in Melbourne you still have to be 21 before you can drink , the rest of the country 18.

Over here we actually have towns ,where you can not bring alcohol in to .
It has caused such a horrible substance abuse with our Aborigines that they have had to put these restrictions on them.
If anyone is interested click on the link below.
Link

Cannabis could not cause half of this problem.
They should legalize it with restrictions on how it is grown.

It drives me crazy , how easy it is for people to get hold of alcohol , it is a legal substance that is so very destructive.

My apologies, I did not mean to hijack this thread.

I'm not for alcohol prohibition anymore than I am for drug prohibition (I wonder if anyone else realizes how surreal it is to see a nonexistent difference between "alcohol and drugs"?), but I did love this vid as funny because it's true:

Rofl

jamiebfd Wrote:Who smokes cannabis..weed...pot?

What are peoples opinion on legalizing it?

Why should/ should'nt it be legalized?

I've been known to indulge once in awhile. Its not something I do a lot of (everything in moderation is one of my mottoes) but I see nothing wrong with it. Its the harder drugs like heroin and meth I won't touch with a ten foot pole.

I'm all for legalizing it. Its nowhere near as harmful as the government (U.S government at least) would have you believe. I'm personally of the opinion that pot is less harmful to you and the people around you than alcohol. Marijuana laws in the state of Oregon are about as rigidly enforced as jaywalking laws anyway (which is not that often) that there's no reason it shouldn't be legal by now.

@ Pix: I've found that funny for the longest time, the separation of alcohol from other drugs as in the phrase "drugs and alcohol". As if the fact that certain powers that be say it's okay ($$$) to imbibe alcohol makes it somehow different in essence from other mind-altering chemicals.

As for weed, I've already made a point of expressing my support for it elsewhere on this site.