Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chit CHAT
Hey All Guys,

Hope all is weellll!

Ok, so I am a recent member and I was really surprised and happy to see the chat room function with this site!! I think it offers a great chance to get to know people a little easier than the sometimes anonymous and daunting forum.

Now, the forum is of course essential! Smile We won't deny that. But I think we should def use the chat a bit more!

I was talking with the lovely Genersis and Fudger the other day about this and we were thinking..

HOW ABOUT EVERYONE, WHO LOGS IN, ALSO LOGS INTO CHAT. I know not everyone is into the chat thing but it's great fun and such a nice, intimate way to get to know everyone! Smile

So pop into the chat rooooom! Smile

Not everyone has enough time to spend in the chatroom, usually you will notice people log in for like 10 reply to some posts and go off again.

I've noticed though that the chat room is usually alive on a saturday night though.

Yeah tru that! Good point with the busy thing- still, if anyone's sitting round on the net for a while! Smile

"Lovely"? Im honourd.:biggrin:
People just need to understand that we're a nice bunch, we don't bite.Wink
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:... we don't bite...
I do, if asked nicely Rolleyes

[COLOR="Purple"]The only problem I have with the chat is that it is in that java thing... I think...

whatever it is it doesnt play nice with Mac... slows it down like crazy[/COLOR]

XyxwaveGreat idea when time is not essential. Knuddel

fjp999 Wrote:[COLOR="Purple"]The only problem I have with the chat is that it is in that java thing... I think...

whatever it is it doesnt play nice with Mac... slows it down like crazy[/COLOR]

Java runs the same as any platform, try updating.
It shouldn't effect you in anyway!!

CardShark Wrote:Java runs the same as any platform, try updating.
It shouldn't effect you in anyway!!

[COLOR="Purple"]I am totally updated and have always had slowdown on this sort of chat... same on another site that uses the same chat platform.

Had discussions with Apple executive support last year and they acknowledged issues with heavy MySpace pages... they seemed to think but wouldnt admit that it could be the video card.[/COLOR]

why would it be the video card?

Their placing the blame somewhere else, myspace pages arn't that resource heavy.
I'm suspicious.