Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cinsignment/ thrift shopping
i love going to consignment shops

We call it op-shopping here. I love it. I got me $150 jersey for $5 :p

I got $5 I'mma see if there is anything good tomorrow :p

I am a thrift store FANATIC! I have a regularly scheduled "tour" of thrift stores I hit once (or more...) a week! I have gotten some FANTASTIC deals!
Examples: a brand new Reverse Osmosis Tap for our kitchen for $15
A matched set of Eams Lamps or $10
A Marble-Topped coffee table and matching end tables for $25

Plus LOTS AND LOTS More! Lol
VIVA LA THRIFT STORE! Twister

Beaux Wrote:I am a thrift store FANATIC! I have a regularly scheduled "tour" of thrift stores I hit once (or more...) a week! I have gotten some FANTASTIC deals!
Examples: a brand new Reverse Osmosis Tap for our kitchen for $15
A matched set of Eams Lamps or $10
A Marble-Topped coffee table and matching end tables for $25

Plus LOTS AND LOTS More! Lol
VIVA LA THRIFT STORE! Twister

Can I ask you to go thrift store shopping for me Wow

I had a pair of friends who had a small jewelry store. They would do the flea markets. Some people would sell jewelry by the bag full. They would buy those old large brown grocery bags full of jewelry for $5/bag. A bag or two at a time.

I was there one weekend. They would come home and throw a bag full on the kitchen floor... exclaiming "a diamond" "ruby" "1920s bracelet" etc.

People really dont know what they have!

There are THOUSANDS of thrift shops of all sorts in the Dallas/Fort Worth area! Some of the large organizations here like GoodWill and The Salvation Army have a few LARGE stores.

There is a Salvation Army Corporate store on Inwood Road in Dallas that is awesome! They get all the "rich peoples" furniture there, so they have these very expensive pieces of furniture for only a couple hundred bucks!
They have a separate room for glass, china, and kitchenwares, which I LOVE. And even a jewelry center.

There are lots and lots of private thrift shops and consignment shops all over DFW also.

For some people, it does PAY very well to shop in these places...as I keep reading stories about people who bought something at thrift shop for a couple of dollars, and it ends up being worth several thousand dollars!

Theres one private thrift shop in Arlington, Tx.....half of thier store is nothing but mens polo shirts! Every color you can think of too.

Drag queens know they can find some awesome gowns and costume jewelry at these places also.

And if you know how to shop these places, and WHEN to shop these places, you can get some stuff that is brand new!!!! I was staying with my sister and brother in law in Miami a few years ago. They stopped at a local Goodwill....my brother in law found a brand new Michael Jordan designer winter ski parka, still in the factory bag!
He only paid $75 for it, and it was retailed at $2500.00!!!!!

No telling what you can find at these places.

fjp999 Wrote:Can I ask you to go thrift store shopping for me Wow

I have actually had a number of people tell me that I should be a personal shopper, and I have to say it does appeal to me. My mother was a CPA, but now that she has retired she has opened a consignment store. I often buy things and sell them in her store or on EBay. It gives me a little extra money and lets me enjoy shopping even when I don't need the items personally.

Beaux Wrote:I have actually had a number of people tell me that I should be a personal shopper, and I have to say it does appeal to me. My mother was a CPA, but now that she has retired she has opened a consignment store. I often buy things and sell them in her store or on EBay. It gives me a little extra money and lets me enjoy shopping even when I don't need the items personally.

I thought you must be doing something like that...

You obviously have the knowledge, why not use it!!!

I understand that Etsy is becoming another great shop if EBay becomes overpopulated. I like Etsy a bit more... seems a bit smaller and more personal.

I bet your place must look pretty nice Clap

I do go to the various thrift stores around here Smile
Also like going to ReStore (ran by Habitat For Humanity) .. which is basically a hardware thrift store

I sure hope thrift shopping makes a comeback in New Jersey. I have a lot of old clothes in good condition that I would like to trade in for some new jeans and sweaters. I have a lot of working clothes but I am retired. I would like some new or used casual clothes to hang around my housing complex.