Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
co-parenting.
Hello. I'm 21 female in california looking for responsible gay male or gay couple to raise a child with. I am in a relationship with my girlfriend of 2 years. We are ready to start a family and think its very important to have a father figure in a childs life. if you are intrested please let me know.

Well I can't help but I wish you the best of luck with you and your partner starting a family Smile

Good luck :o and welcome

good luyck and welcome... Even though i want children one day i will wait for the right time

best of luck

good luck and welcome!!!

mduran0889 Wrote:Hello. I'm 21 female in california looking for responsible gay male or gay couple to raise a child with. I am in a relationship with my girlfriend of 2 years. We are ready to start a family and think its very important to have a father figure in a childs life. if you are intrested please let me know.
I guess I'm confused by the term co-parenting. Are you looking for sperm donors or for male friends to just act as father figures?

Would it be like a divorced situation with visitation to both households? What rights would the fathers have? And, you would know this person/these people for maybe 9 months and share a child with him/them? Wouldn't a close male friend that you've known a lot longer be a better choice?

How old is your girlfriend? Are you two legally married? Do you have a job? Why would you want to have fathers unless you want the men to also share in the financial responsibility? Why wouldn't just "uncles" work? What happens if in a couple of years there is a disagreement with the fathers? Or if you and your partner separate? Would the FOUR of you make decisions together?

I'm not interested, I'm way toooooooo young and this is probably just a one-post poster, so I'm probably just pissing in the wind here.Rolleyes Just amusing myself.

Anyway, I don't agree with you. I think two mothers or two fathers or single parent are just fine.

Okay first of all Azulai your avatar pic is so cool!

okay reading your post the first thing comes in my mind is financial support, well i hope you find what your looking for..

Maybe this forum is a wrong platform to find a man to help raise your child. Perhaps if you have some male relatives or even close friends who would be willing to be God parents so they could be in the child's life. I also agree with azulai that same sex parents can work. Best of luck. Confusedmile:

No its not a financial reason. Some gay couples actually want a child and this way I can help someone as well. I could care less if the male or couple pays for anything me and my partner both have good jobs. Co-Parenting is just the route we want to go. I think every child needs a father not just uncles.

Wow! You came back!
Well, if this is the route you want to go, good luck!

I still don't agree with you that two same-sex parents cannot provide the same nurturing, love and support that a mother/father situation can. I find that sexist and so against what many same-sex families are fighting for. You do know there are studies that PROVE there are no ill-effects on the children of ss couples, right? What about all the single parent children, I just find that attitude insulting to those parents.

I think a couple's dynamics have more to do with raising a child than gender roles.

So, you've thought of all the legal stuff related to this proposed plan? What guarantee would a man have that after developing an emotional attachment to the child, you and your partner wouldn't just cut off his interaction with your child?

Well, again, good luck. Honestly, I just can't wrap my head around you being a woman and saying that a "child needs a father." I guess I've been brainwashed by having 2 sisters and all the girl-power. :tongue: And, I guess I respect them enough (and women in general,) to think they would be fine as parents. Similarly, I would hope they would respect two men raising a child/children.
Peace.