Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
collision (130 vehicles) near home.
This is unreal, 130 vehicles slamming into each other for over 10 minutes in thick fog, dozens wounded, some in critical condition, on a bridge, luckily no cars toppled over!

Those first to be involved got out of there vehicles and say for up to 15 minutes all they could hear was the screeching of brakes and slamming of metal, it just went on, with reports of people driving horrendously at 7:15 in the morning and heavy fog. I very easily could have been on that bridge.

Video of the aftermath.

That is horrible Sad

Why do people drive so close to the car in front?

God knows, i just cant believe it went on so long, ive never heard anything like it (though im sure there is!) it sort of highlights human stupidity and general confusion, in defense there was no hard shoulder or lights on the bridge even though locals had warned the council of the dangers.

Some things close to that had happened here too...and they didn't even have fog as an excuse..it's just plain irresponsibility unfortunately many people exercize while driving...

good you weren't there...

wonder how high the toll will be...

Well the latest news it appears; asides from a lot of broken wrists & ankles (40 hospitalized) those with more serious injurys have recovered and expected to all be sent home within 5 days, miraculously nothing more serious, but still...

I am glad no one died. But it is still unbelievable

Tavi, this issue is world wide, humans are in such a hurry, usually because they leave late not expecting any weather or other problems, I usually arrive at work 1 hour before I need to punch in to take care of anything I might have left in deseray, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Something like that happened here last year. I think it was about 175 vehicles that ended up being hit by one another....all because NONE of those dickheads could be bothered to stay the LEGAL and SAFE distance away from the vehicle in front of them, and drive with their headlights ON like they are supposed too in bad weather!

The media blamed it on the weather, but its the dickheads' fault behind the wheels of these killing machines that cant be bothered with caring about human life or other peoples property.