Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"coming out"
Hi,
I am an older man who decided to "COME OUT".I have been struggling with this for a long time.
I'm needing advice on how to proceed. I want to start dating men and I'm looking for a long term stable relationship with one man.
Any thoughts?

Plenty of thoughts. First thought, you are definitely not alone. Second thought, while this isn't exactly a dating site it's a good place for you to talk to some like minded people and feel free to be yourself.

How you proceed is up to you. Really. There's no one way to be gay. There are, however, some unwise decisions you don't necessarily have to put yourself through. Be wary of internet dating and the bar scene. Be wary of promises that guys make. Remember when you were young and guys would promise a girl the moon to get in her pants? Well they do that to other guys too.

But there's great guys out there too. They're just a little harder to find.

Congratulations on being more true to yourself and taking a big step here. And welcome to the forum. My name's Nathan. We're not entirely dissimilar. I'm still working on coming the rest of the way out of the closet at 36.

Pick who needs to know and tell them. Honestly everyone does not NEED to know.

I'm out of the closet, but not everyone knows I'm gay. If asked I say 'yeah, sure' if not asked I figure I don't have to tell anyone. I can't recall the last time a straight person felt obligated to tell me they were straight. I kind of figured it out when they went on and on about their BF/GF or whatever other clues they throw out there.

As for finding a long term stable relationship - Good luck.

Thank all of you for the support.I feel better and more confident about this.
Now I'm going to get out there and mingle.I know I'll find Mr.right and enjoy my life.

Hi canjunjob, Welcome Home, It may take time to find the right person and yes we are not getting younger, but I find those of our age don't have to experiment anymore, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]