Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coming out stories?
thought it would be kind of fun to share our coming out stories (for the ones who have that is) just to get some empowerment for other ppl who maybe havent yet.. or in my case, whoever wants a laugh ^_^

this is mine:

the class started off normal, everyone came in, but the teacher never showed up to class (she was weird like that, she was little.. ditzy?) anywho.. and no substitute came to the class, nor did they tell us to relocate cuz thats what they are supposed to do... in any case!! it was a totally free period..and the most popular kids in the class started going to each kid who were the shyest and started asking them questions, and blah blah blah.. me im not a social person, so i was one that was asked.. and it eventually got to a point where they started asking me questions about girls and shit, and i wasnt interested in answering them, so they asked me, "are you gay?" and i looked the one who asked me and, "yeah, i am" lol.. one girl almost tried to see if i was telling the truth by putting her crotch in my face (eww, im sorry, allergic to pussy thanks) haha.. but thats how i came out, and thats how ive been since.. mind you after that i started running around the school telling everyone i was gay, so pretty muchi told 1500 people in one day ^_^

Wow
You gave birth to it quickly and no anaesthesy!

haha.. and it didnt hurt, it felt great.. now only if anal sex was that ez huh? haha

That is a good one! Funny. Mine wasnt as funny though. It was my 17th birthday, and I wrote a letter to my mom. I put it on the computer and went off to school. When I came home they were all sitting at the table full of presents. They acted like nothing ever happened. Before I came in I stood infront of the door for about 10 mins. Hoping that i wasnt going to get yelled at. YOu know the feeling you get. Its like you get ready for hte end of the world. Im glad it wasnt like that though. My Mom and my step dad were ok with it. Then a year later I found my real dad and we started talking, and when he asked me (I guess he asked because I dont play foot ball and other sports....crazyness) and I told him yes. He turned quiet, and a week later I got an e-mail from his wife telling me he dosnt want to talk to me until I pretend to be straight. It was emberrasing (sp??) to him and the family that I was gay. Havnt talked to him since. Never got a happy birth day card, graduation card, or a get well soon card for when my appendix burst. Not even a phone call or e-mail. NOTHING. His loss not mine.. before I got that e-email, I was fine with who I was, I was to the point where I didnt care any more. But after that e-mail, it all started from the beginning. I hated the world. Now a year has passed again, and I am happy with who I am. Today I was told from my doctor that I looked happy and healthy. Wich wasnt the case a year ago... So thats my story. I look forward to reading some more from other people. If you have questions jsut ask! Id be happy answer them! Mine wasnt exactly a fairy tale ending (or how we wpuld like for it to end) and I wish all of you in teh closet the best of luck for when you do dicide to come out.

When I read this I realized I might call my parenths and say it myself. I told them the truth, that I wanted a transvestite. With big boobs a lot of make up and a cock.

My mom laughed and My dad said that its okay as long as Im not the transvestite.

LOL... I told my mom I was going to become one, just as a joke, and she told me do what ever makes you happy.... I dont think id want to though.

skyguyx5 Wrote:He turned quiet, and a week later I got an e-mail from his wife telling me he dosnt want to talk to me until I pretend to be straight.

:frown: That's terrible, sorry man

I came out to my parents almost a month ago, everything was OK, but it was a shock for them, they're still trying to get used to that, is seems as if they're going though the same process of accepting homosexuality i did pass to reach this point. Mum has tarted therapy, saying that this 'event' is useful for her to analyse other pints of her life and also that reinforces the family relationship, as they both know their son better than they did before. My dad told me he might not tolerate to see me with another guy, but he was very happy that i made my choice, my relationship with him has improved very much so far, we share more activities than we used to, and mum says that everyday that goes by she feels a lil bit less sad about all this.

It does seem to take time for others to get used to. Must me like a spal in the face.. I wonder: IF we as gay guys/girls would have kids one day, if they tell us that their straight if it would be the same kind of shock for us as gay parents... Same as with us just in reverse.. Does that make sence?

No, i don't think it would be a shock neither if they told us they were straight (unliuckily cos that's how they are ''supposed to be'') nor if they were gay (cos we ourselves are gays/lesbians)

I started the process of coming in February this year.

I was out clubbing with mates and the drinks were flowing nicely. Me and my closest mate (female) went to the bar to get more drinks and she mentioned that people in her family said why don't she go out with me... funny enough, my folks were saying why I don't go out with her... at which point I told her that "I havn't been entirely straight with you!". She gave a confused look and I told her to play on the words. The next 5 minutes... only one word came from her mouth "Really?" but it was repeated about a million times!!! lol. And she felt quite honored that she had been the first person that I told.

I told two more of my mates a couple of weeks later - we met at a services we pass on ours ways home - another really good reaction... though they joked that they were pissed off that I hadnt told them sooner especially with all the sex advice they'd given me! I told them there was a lot of of stuff that could still be used tho.

The next person I told... the big one in my eyes - my Mum. This was a couple of months later - in June. We were travelling in the car and she asked me again about going out with my mate (the first one I told), to which I said there is a reason for it... I like men. She was like "Oh" and awkward silence for a few minutes, she also looked like she was holding back a few tears. When the discussion continued she was like how do you know etc, you've not been with guys before (little did she know) etc... but then went on to say well you're still my son and I love you, nothing's gonna change that. She still has issues with it I know, but she won't open up about them and I don't want to push.

Next was my Nan (live with Mum and Nan), who at first refused to believe it... but then came round to it and accepts it.

Then my Dad... conversation started in a similar fashion to how it lead up to telling my Mum, but he was absolutely fine with it... although like my mum - told me to keep my options open because I've not had a great deal of experience.

Most of my family on my Mum's side now knows... although my Mum told them about it, part of her way of dealing with it I think she needed to get other people's opinions. All have been fine so far.

I still feel paranoid about telling people though and have decided no-one else need know unless they ask me outright... but so far so good!! Smile