Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coming out when over 40
Hi all,

Is there any point to someone over 40 coming out or have most people figured it out by then (single guy, never married, etc)..

Thanks much

first off welcome to gayspeak

yes
-let people judge you by what you are instead or rumor and innuendo.
-at work i have a pic of my partner on my desk. No question i am gay.
-my neighbors are nice and i want to include them in OUR lives
-strange at the age of 40 coming out still gives you a measure of personal confidence, not having to hide anymore.
-its easier to come out later in life compared to what a high school student has to deal with. THEY ARE THE BRAVE ONES.

most important:
Its is really important my partner knows i invite him into my life every day. I dont want to hide my love for my partner. I was in a straight relationship for 15years and didnt hide it than. I am not going to start hiding now with the man of my dreams.

Pretty much what Pellaz says that and you gotta be truthful to yourself.

No matter what age you are when you come out, it still good that you did you get freedom to be your self, and you can still find relationships and sex, if you were born in the 60s there were so many things that stood in our way plus when we were in late junior high or starting high school a larger number of people started dieing of aids it was in the news which raised the fear level of coming out because people did not want their kids around you in fear their children would catch aids and die and so on what you need to focus on is the point that you are truly free and you can meet some one i would and this is just my opinion look for someone close to your age who is out because you will have more in common

Yeah, there is a point to it, in addition to what's been posted, imagine this scenario:

You are not out, but we work at the same job. I am out. I think you're hot but, I'm the type to be at least a little discrete so, I ask the female co worker "What to you think of Better?" She replies "Oh, yeah the local hunk, but we all think he's gay, he's never dated anyone that we know of." I reply "Too bad you don't know, if he was, I'd ask him out." I don't because I don't want to push you out if you in fact are gay and in the closet, and I assume you already know I am gay.

Is there any point to it?

That is a question only you can answer so to help you...imagine you are on your deathbed...and your life flashes before your eyes. Are you proud of who you are? Do you have serenity and peace?

If not...why?

Today...right now...what is your deepest regret in life? What can you do (or have already done) to come to terms with that...right now?...today?

yes, its good.