Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
conflicting thoughts on moving on
Tulloni Wrote:Its hard isn't it? I know how darkenedshadow and vagabondkitten feel. My ex left me last month and I am still trying to get over it. I am much better than I was before but it wasn't easy especially as he seemed just right for me (he was a PhD. science student, super-smart, good looking, multilingual, ein ubermensch! plus he was Lithuanian so had a cute foreign accent). Its still hard but I am getting out there and even had a date on Friday with some Brazillian guy who seemed nice. Problem is it was one-way love, I met him and fell in love with him too quickly and whilst he had a crush on me the feelings of love went in one direction only from me to him. They weren't reciprocated.

I am still friends with him but I've put some distance between us which helps. Chatting to guys and getting out and about helps. You don't have to go to the gym and I dunno what its like over there but its too damn hot for the gym in the UK atm (we have a heatwave). I don't like gyms much anyway, just try martial arts classes, running, cycling, yoga, etc. that stuff works well. I want to do more of that myself.

Most importantly, try to get more dates with other guys, that's what I am trying to do and it helps you to move on.

And finally I'd just like to say shame on them for dumping us! How dare they? lol I'd just get fit, try and be happy and think to yourself 'you know what? My ex doesn't know what he's missing'! Works everytime!

You are right shame on them for dumping us!

I was such a fool for a long time in this relationship and I know it. I need to start moving on. It feels like not moving on has just become a bad addiction. I did meet one guy once we went out for drinks and i ended up at his place for the night. I didnt want a one night fling so I dont think seeing guys is for me right now. Talking to them online is ok but in real life i dont think i m ready for that yet lol.

My ex really doesnt know what he s missing! A smart, polite, funny, romantic, devoted, driven guy who always goes for what he wants. What more do you want out of a guy ?

he s missing a life worth of happiness! too bad for him.