Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confused
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I correct you, Wes.

You live in Southern California, the Big City known collectively as Los Angeles.

Up here, further north, in the Big Central Valley, folk are a lot more conservative on the issue.

[Image: california.gif]
Source: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/...eheadlines

This gives a better idea of the mindset of California. While sure, you tanned beach based, surfer types are often confused to be 'California' and us way out here in the farm belt are never thought of, the reality is that California is not at all a 'liberal' state.

Its the counties out here and the 'hidden' population who continually stand in the way of Gay Marriage. You all on the coast may vote yes, but out here its a resounding "Hell No!" out here. Thus the physical property damage and even physical basing when Prop 22 first came up several years ago. And that sort of of physical anti-gay attitude is still there, under the surface with more than a few guys (gay or not, but only thought gay) being the recipient of some nasty stuff.

I'll give you this one. HOWEVER, my brother lives in Livermore, I have spent a lot of time in Davis, Woodland, Sacramento, and some time in San Francisco. The area is nice, and so are the people, but I am, as we say from Los Angeles. We set the trends nationally, we are American entertainment and we are arrogant about it. I could easily work for the Chamber of Commerce! Biggrinflip

You are correct, we Southern Californians do set the California stereotype. I say this as I think of my big brother sitting at some small winery in Livermore swirling his glass as he pontificates on how he is a liberal Democrat who reads the New York Times, but does not like the Kennedys! In other words I think he is a fake yuppie shit.

What can I say? I am an advertising guy! We tend to get a little carried away. It is not easy to perpetuate an American image that is dying because of overpopulation. Los Angeles is becoming an overpriced slum. Yes, I can be honest about it when pushed.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I correct you, Wes.

You live in Southern California, the Big City known collectively as Los Angeles.

Up here, further north, in the Big Central Valley, folk are a lot more conservative on the issue.

[Image: california.gif]
Source: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/...eheadlines

This gives a better idea of the mindset of California. While sure, you tanned beach based, surfer types are often confused to be 'California' and us way out here in the farm belt are never thought of, the reality is that California is not at all a 'liberal' state.

Its the counties out here and the 'hidden' population who continually stand in the way of Gay Marriage. You all on the coast may vote yes, but out here its a resounding "Hell No!" out here. Thus the physical property damage and even physical basing when Prop 22 first came up several years ago. And that sort of of physical anti-gay attitude is still there, under the surface with more than a few guys (gay or not, but only thought gay) being the recipient of some nasty stuff.

I'll give you this one. HOWEVER, my brother lives in Livermore, I have spent a lot of time in Davis, Woodland, Sacramento, and some time in San Francisco. The area is nice, and so are the people, but I am, as we say from Los Angeles. We set the trends nationally, we are American entertainment and we are arrogant about it. I could easily work for the Chamber of Commerce! Biggrinflip

You are correct, we Southern Californians do set the California stereotype. I say this as I think of my big brother sitting at some small winery in Livermore swirling his glass as he pontificates on how he is a liberal Democrat who reads the New York Times, but does not like the Kennedys! In other words I think he is a fake yuppie shit. Rofl

What can I say? I am an advertising guy! We tend to get a little carried away. It is not easy to perpetuate an American image that is dying because of overpopulation, and that means all of us. It is so crowded in Venice, you can not even walk on the strand on weekends. Los Angeles is becoming an overpriced slum. Yes, I can be honest about it when pushed, but I am saddened.

It is barely alive.

However, I was invited by and audience research guy to a theater that was showing an old beach party type movie in an ethnic neighborhood. I watched as a basically non-white audience entered the theater.

When the movie started we went behind the screen where we could see the faces of the audience. This sort of thing is done all the time by Hollywood producers and directors for re-editing purposes. The audience faces were illuminated with joy at what they saw on the screen which was basically white people having fun in the water. The Southern California image is for everyone. It is not a blond haired, blue eyed person anymore. It is for everyone. It is all about attitude.

[Image: f65a3618-a510-479d-85a1-d0e1f4883725_1.jpg]