Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
contemplating
my boyfriend lives 3 hours away and we barely see each other. I really think that i love him but i never really get to see him. we have all the foundations for a good relationship but not the one that really counts. what should i do?

I don't know.

I had (past tense) a crystal ball, I dropped it not to long ago. Sent it to the shop for repairs, it is, sadly, broken beyond repair. So I can't look into your future and tell you what will happen.

My point, no one knows the future, we can make a 'best guess' (at best), and maybe even make minor changes to aim our bark (boat) in the general direction of where we want to go, but ultimately there is no telling what will really happen. Life is full of hidden sandbars and the occasional pirate ship. Here there be Sea monsters.

You could talk to your BF, find out where he stands, and then come up with a plan to reduce or remove that 3 hour distance IF you both want to try that relationship thing.

I have no idea what you mean by having the foundation of a good relationship but not one that counts. If its a good relationship, with a strong foundation, then it counts.

I have no idea what 'counts' in this for you.

As such I can't say 'Oh don't be silly' or say 'Oh My, that is a dangerous warning sign!'

That or those things is up to you to decide, or you can laying them down and give us a clearer understanding of the pros and cons. We won't tell you what to do, because ultimately its up to you, the best we can do is give you insight as to what we would do in a similar situation.

*Puts on his Special Agent Jethro Gibbs hat* Trust your gut :-)

Nicklas, how would you define a relationship that counts? How did you two meet? Are you Internet buddies to start with? If you are now 18, you can drive, are we talking three hours' driving or plane?
My boyfriend currently lives in England. We have been together for almost 9 years now. He visits (or I visit) once a month for a week. Surely three hours of driving can be met from time to time, at the weekends or during vacations?

well i know i am crazy but to me the test of true love is would you give him up if it meent his true happyness. Now think about it a minut not what you decited would be best for him but what would truely make him happyer if the enwser is yes and you let him go the distance with the other person even though ir brakes your hart then i would say you love him and then the other side is would do the samme for you and your happyness maby test and question the way he thinks about things then if yes then ke is a keeper and do what ever you can to make it happen beteween you and he will do the same then you will have a good chanch to be a couple that stays together i was with my lover for like 34 years till he passed
but we both sacrificed for ech other me more than him but
we were still together even after the sex wasnt what he wanted anymore

does he think the same way?