Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
copy of original post in the usa archives
look in the mirror and try to remember and forget how it was, I remember my friends in middle school that no longer could stand the pain from their mother's and father's as well as their siblings, Scott kenw that there was a pistol in the night stand by the front door, I had talked to him 4 hours before he took his own life, a junior classman, I was a friend of his brother. Brandon was in the class 1 year ahead of mine, took his life the night of the senior prom, just couldn't cope anymore. William was in my class and we knew each other in the physical sense, he no longer could cope when his dad found out and threatened him with physical harm if he didn't change. A few years ago I found out that there was a gay/straight alliance at my old school, now I wonder not only if I had been there more for them, if we had an alliance like this, would they be alive today. Here where I have decided to spend my last hours I find gay kids openly kissing and hugging on campuses, I see straight people see that with no effect, at least the younger ones, some of the parents make comments. I think it is easier now but still I think that we must support our breathren and let tham know that they are not alone and we as a people support and stand with them as they find themselves helping to give them direction and guidance so they will not fail, Jim
Looking back on this post I see I didn't say how I knew what they were thinking before they killed themselves, there were notes left as well as a letter to me which tore my heart out. So when a newbie is asking for help or someone is still in the closet respect it and give advice or if you don't know maybe you do know someone who can help, been a long time since I used this soapbox, kinda dusty, guess I will get off of it now, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]