Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
counting days and getting things ready.
[SIZE="2"]I'm pretty compulsive about counting down to big events which isn't really bad. It means that I always start early trying to get things done to be ready for them.

In 101 days we'll be leaving South Dakota and driving to Pensacola for their huge annual Gay Memorial Day that's been going on since the 1970s. That'll be the last big "date" Jay and I do as single guys. We're both real excited about it.

46 days later we'll be getting officially married. We had an impromptu service at a dinner with some people in Brisbane back in August but it's not legal there yet. When the date was set back in May 2014 we intended to get married here in South Dakota whether it was legal or not just to have an event with both our families and guests. After that we intended to take off a few days to run to a few other states and do it legally. As things are shaping up it's going to be legal here before our ceremony.

We're already picking out music for the ceremony. Hahahaha! Music from the ceremony ay 11am on through the reception and after party will be done by 5 local acoustic players who never have really been a band but sometimes play together. NO ONE will be ready for what we've decided on and we don't want to let even our parents know before they hear t the first time. The idea came up earlier this week having dinner with friends and talking about songs. Jay said something about finding a song about "making the big leap." Ray grabbed a laptop and found the perfect song on his first search in youtube. It was an instant unanimous "Hell YES!"[/SIZE]

We'll be walking up the aisle to this.

and we'll exit to this!

The parents and oldies will love it!

[SIZE="2"]Some of you may remember that back in August there was a GS thread about "what do you look for in a man." I read about that and thought about it a long time before I commented. I had no idea at the time that the words I was writing would become part of our vows. I've been searching for them and found them this morning. If any of you have suggestions to add to them PLEASE let us know.

We'll be doing this together, one of us will say the first line and the other will say "the better" at the end of it.
[/SIZE]
The smarter....... the better..
The more confident....... the better...
The gentler........ the better
the more patient...... the better
The more understanding........ the better
The more perceptive...... the better
The stronger...... the better
The more goal oriented...... the better
The more inspiring...... the better
The more honest....... the better
The less demanding...... the better
The less expecting....... the better
The more reliable..... the better
The more patient..... the better
The more loving......... the better

We could use some help adding to the list.
Don't hold back any suggestions.

Awww...this is so sweet.

The more joyful....the better
The more forgiving....the better
The more humourous...the better

and of course

The richer...the better (lol)

If is compulsive and/or obsessive, I strongly suggest you get professional help for it.

That is all.

Congratulations on tying the knot soon Virge! Smile

Wishing you and your partner everlasting love and happiness! Smile

Rareboy Wrote:Awww...this is so sweet.

and of course

The richer...the better (lol)

THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! All Great! The richer will have to go to Jay to say... so I can clown it up when I say the better!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:If is compulsive and/or obsessive, I strongly suggest you get professional help for it.

That is all.

It's like this, Bowyn.

Let's put it to a vote to find out which of the two of us needs professional help the worst.

Other than that I don't know why you want to play the role of an old old old person who slams people with this type stuff.

I have no problems with you. Let's keep it that way.

Wedding it cool!!! In my country it is impossible.

Virge, here are some suggestions. Smile

The healthier .... the better
The more affectionate ... the better
The more playful ... the better
The warmer ... the better
The more caring ... the better
The more passionate ... the better

Hope my suggestions were useful Smile

Adding Rareboy's and Bluedragon's suggestions.......

[The smarter....... the better..
The more confident....... the better...
The gentler........ the better
the more patient...... the better
The more understanding........ the better
The more perceptive...... the better
The stronger...... the better
The more goal oriented...... the better
The more inspiring...... the better
The more honest....... the better
The less demanding...... the better
The less expecting....... the better
The more reliable..... the better
The more patient..... the better
The more loving......... the better
The healthier .... the better
The more affectionate ... the better
The more playful ... the better
The warmer ... the better
The more caring ... the better
The more passionate ... the better
The richer...the better

Yeah... all the things you guys have suggested are great. Some of them may be changed up a bit. Jay's going to have to add his touch to the final version of them... I'm loving this.

Vizor Wrote:Wedding it cool!!! In my country it is impossible.

It's not legal in my state yet Vizor but by July 11th it should be. By that time we will have been married in Florida when there will be a big wedding for hundreds of gay men on the beach. The big wedding in July will be for our families who are very excited about it.

I envy you Poke2

wow…

you're not going to say "The sexier…," "The harder…," "The longer…," "The wetter…," The wilder…," "The louder…" … and etc., those being just off the top of my head. :eek:

This wild long weekend you have planned… THIS we're going to want pictures for.

The wedding will be all hankies and cake, I'm sure! Tongue3