Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
counting days and getting things ready.
@Bowyn (David) You don't know what you're talking about but this isn't the first time that's happened is it? You danged sure can't be an authority on anything to do with marriages and you sure don't know what I've read or know about them. Even the link you but up about the history of wedding cake is a friggin joke.

Stick to things on which you're an undisputed authority...

Like your decades of personal research on the effects of chronic drug abuse on a person's mental health, ambitions, motivations, friendships, job prospects, relationships, income, health and life expectancy.

Virge...I wish you both a life full of love and happiness and good health....and I hope you have the wedding that exceeds both of your expectations.....

..and I SINCERELY mean every word of that....

....but forgive me if I duck out of wedding plans...even the talk of weddings makes me nervous. I think if I was straight I would be one of "those" hysterical bachelor types :eek: I can't even get the nerve to show up at the courthouse just to sign the papers.

You know [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION]... That really doesn't surprise me and it's not unusual. Lots of guys I've met over 35 ish have said what you're saying. We had couples over for fun Vday night. One pair has been paired 17 years, and supportive and excited about us getting married but say they want no part of it for themselves. And when they say it they have this cute look like they have some secret they aren't telling. Then I've met a few other couples saying the same thing.

I'm of an age where I just can't adjust to the thought of marrying for myself. There is no chance of it, so it really doesn't matter, but I do think of it as an example of how the world is changing.

Just one observation, Virge, since I have worked at a lot of weddings: study your plans with the idea of making things move along quickly. The worst part of a wedding for me is waiting for the pictures to be taken or some confusion in the wedding party to be resolved and having to stand around while it happens. Awkward gaps do not make for good theater or fun parties.
I bid NO Trump!

[MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] I think I've been to 7 weddings in my whole life and only participated in one. You're talking about something I've heard talked about by my dad, mom and some others. I'll be saying something about this asap and making sure that doesn't happen. I know Mom has said as soon as the ceremony is over she'll be rushing people to the reception >> so we can get pictures done << so that may be her solution for it. I'll be sure to ask on that to be sure. Thanks for the heads up.

LJay Wrote:I'm of an age where I just can't adjust to the thought of marrying for myself. There is no chance of it, so it really doesn't matter, but I do think of it as an example of how the world is changing.

Just one observation, Virge, since I have worked at a lot of weddings: study your plans with the idea of making things move along quickly. The worst part of a wedding for me is waiting for the pictures to be taken or some confusion in the wedding party to be resolved and having to stand around while it happens. Awkward gaps do not make for good theater or fun parties.

Ljay I talked to Mom about this... and she was way ahead on it! She said she hates it and it's is going to stop a lot of it... neat ways too! I'll tell later. I have to scoot.

Oh, please...no one is asking what they really want to know: will there be sex on the wedding night?

[SIZE="5"]Sex on the wedding night?
A one legged duck swims in a circle, doesn't it?[/SIZE]
Heck yeah there''s going to be sex before during and after.
A new claw hammer always makes sure there's no discussion about sex.
I've figured out how to sneak some in between the ceremony and the reception luncheon. They're 12 miles apart and I bet we get lost.

Getting some between the reception and the party will be a breeze. The reception is on the ground floor, the party is on the top floor. We'll have a suite somewhere in between.

Virge Wrote:
[SIZE="5"]Sex on the wedding night?
A one legged duck swims in a circle, doesn't it?[/SIZE]
Heck yeah there''s going to be sex before during and after.
A new claw hammer always makes sure there's no discussion about sex.
I've figured out how to sneak some in between the ceremony and the reception luncheon. They're 12 miles apart and I bet we get lost.

Getting some between the reception and the party will be a breeze. The reception is on the ground floor, the party is on the top floor. We'll have a suite somewhere in between.

It's a good thing you will have a photographer hired because we will expect photographic evidence of the consummation. At least a cumshot.

Virge Wrote:One big thing we can use suggestions on is alternatives to the heteronormative concept of multi tiered sugary white wedding cakes without doing one of those artsy cakes.

[Image: yellow-smiley-surprised-emoticon.gif][Image: yellow-smiley-surprised-emoticon.gif]

WHAT !?!?!? That multi-tiered sugary white wedding cake is THE main reason why I go to weddings!!! It's like the pay off for having to sit through a wedding !!! I hate weddings... but I LOVE the cake !!!! A wedding without cake is like sex without the orgasm.