Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
covid
With that kind of weight loss we encourage cheesecake for breakfast!
Hope you are feeling healthily hungry soon.
I bid NO Trump!
[-] The following 1 member Likes LJay's post:
  • eastofeden

(08-12-2020, 04:20 AM)LJay Wrote: With that kind of weight loss we encourage cheesecake for breakfast!

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ceez, eastofeden

Wink 
(08-12-2020, 04:20 AM)LJay Wrote: With that kind of weight loss we encourage cheesecake for breakfast!
Good Idea LJay! Big Grin I am making a food chart to try to figure out what still tastes good. Covid is different for everyone and for me - taste and no appetite are my dominant symptoms along with the stroke. Since there is no cure yet I am going to try to "cure" myself  as much as I can. I do force protein down but already using my chart the food is tasting more normal - gonna ty to fine ice cream that tastes good. I don't need to lose weight. I have started working out again to get my strength back - 

Unfortunately my husband also tested positive for covids last month BUT he just got off the phone with his doctor and the test he just took shows it is GONE!!!!! The thing is that far more people recover than die so that is hopeful. 

Thanks again - hopefully I will be negative again too soon. (and I am gonna get  blueberry cheesecake to help  - excellent suggestion Big Grin
[-] The following 4 members Like eastofeden's post:
  • , andy, Bhp91126, Bookworm

@eastofeden You lost your sense of taste or did it just alter it a lot? I have been sick with the flu once where it did mess with taste but nothing like what has been described with COVID-19. Good to see you here on the forums, take care and hope you keep getting better.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • eastofeden

Keep in mind that a lack of vitamin D con make you more prone to catch the virus, most young people that get 10 minutes in the sun make their own but as you get older becomes harder, Everyone here who has caught the virus please be careful and listen to your body. Just my thoughts, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]
[-] The following 1 member Likes James's post:
  • eastofeden

(08-22-2020, 06:55 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @eastofeden You lost your sense of taste or did it just alter it a lot? I have been sick with the flu once where it did mess with taste but nothing like what has been described with COVID-19. Good to see you here on the forums, take care and hope you keep getting better.
I keep screwing up when I try to reply - my posts disappear so i figure I am doing something wrong. To answer your question - the food thing IS wierd. For me - I wasn't even hungry but the nutritionist convinced me to eat any protein I could get down and it has helped. It was good advice. Even if I eat two bites of a ground beef patty my strength improves to the point I can notice. The things that still taste good now are few - honeydew melon and bluebberries so far. Stay safe and well 
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

@eastofeden All food tolerance situations are different but when I was doing chemo for cancer I found that bland starches went down the best. One memorable dinner amounted to a serving of plain mashed potatoes and a serving of macaroni and cheese. Whatever work works. I wonder if my oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast would appeal. Some fiber might be good for keeping your intestines happy.

Good luck, man. Just give a yell if we can do anything to help.
I bid NO Trump!
[-] The following 1 member Likes LJay's post:
  • eastofeden

(08-23-2020, 12:45 AM)eastofeden Wrote: I keep screwing up when I try to reply - my posts disappear so i figure I am doing something wrong. To answer your question - the food thing IS wierd. For me - I wasn't even hungry but the nutritionist convinced me to eat any protein I could get down and it has helped. It was good advice. Even if I eat two bites of a ground beef patty my strength improves to the point I can notice. The things that still taste good now are few - honeydew melon and bluebberries so far. Stay safe and well 

Oh I see what happened. Somehow you posted a comment to my profile page and not on the thread.. Either way is fine although I just now noticed it lol.

I should think that perhaps foods that have very flavorful might be good. Kind of hard to make suggestions as the taste thing probably effects everyone differently... At any rate, I'd say eat all the steak you can handle, take care and we hope to see you around more.
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • eastofeden

Still wishing you well.
[-] The following 1 member Likes marshlander's post:
  • eastofeden

Well guys - I got a big cheesecake but damnit - didn't taste good which was painful so Dave volunteered to eat it for me Smile I am down 40 lbs now but I do have about 25 things that taste normal to me and I can eat including these big chocolate chip cookies from the bakery.

I have waited long enough now where i am getting a test this next week to see if I still have the virus.

I need new clothes - 32 waist now same as when I was 28. I do hope the weight loss stops soon.

(08-02-2020, 10:27 PM)Pyromancer Wrote: I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this.  I know how devastating it is...we're nursing my mother-in-law through it right now and she's just so exhausted all the time.

Take your time, take it easy and please take care of yourself.
 I hope your mother-in-law is feeling better - I know it takes awhile.
[-] The following 3 members Like eastofeden's post:
  • , InbetweenDreams, seeking