Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
craigslist
living in the suburbs its kinda hard to meet other gay people cause everyone is so damn discreet. So i tried craigslist, NSA and strictly platonic and i got lucky cause i met 2 guys i went to school with but meeting newer people is kind of nerve wrecking. I try to get a feel of the person before we meet but im still new to this so if anybody has advice id love to hear it ^_^

Hi Chicagostyle, I don't think you can ever really get to know someone on-line until you meet them, so be very careful. Always meet in the daytime, in a town or city centre that way you can walk away into the crowd with safety. I wish you the best in your quest for happiness. Coffee

stay away from craigslist but often love can be found in odd places. you are looking for a person who is; out as gay single and 18+ < age <25. there are few craigslist peeps meeting these criteria. the same could be said for grinder and scruff.

men who are in a straight marriage have more issues than you can count and your only the distraction for this evening. a person who is openly gay has more personal confidence. in the end, you have to be able to hold hands at the local home improvement store, HomeDepot, if you want a relationship to work.

-i like the format of okcupid.com.
-this is sweet; do volunteer work at the front reception desk of your local lgbt center.
-choose to hang out in the gaybrohood; coffee shops, movie, shop for food, bars, restaurants. be able to find the place on the train, know where the parking spots are.
-join a gay sports team or the gay choir.

chicagostyle Wrote:... meeting newer people is kind of nerve wrecking ...
yes but its a rush too.

safety
create a situation where you are in control; that is you are making the decisions that effect you. be up front of your needs before you meet. exchange a few emails. get tested ever so regular and know your stuff and require this of your date. better to be able to skip the whole thing if you want, to just because you can.