Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creepy or romantic?
So, I'm not good and flirting, and I haven't dated extensively, though I am 26 and mature in most other areas of my life. I finally met someone whom I've fallen head over heels for. After going through a few months of being unsure how he felt, I finally asked him out. I knew he sort of had feelings for me, at least that's how it seemed, but when I asked him, he told me was already dating someone else, but didn't know if it was going to work out. After that, nothing was awkward, luckily, and we would still be very friendly, and I was slowly starting to get over it. Well a few weeks ago, I went to see him in a show, and afterwards, even though there were plenty of people he knew better than me, he ran up to me first, enveloped me in a big hug and planted a big ole kiss right on my lips. I was completely blown away and had no idea how to react. The rest of the night, we kept glancing at each other while talking with other people and we did chat a little, but after my first time asking him out, I was reluctant to try it again, not sure of his intentions with kissing me and all. Well, of course this brought me back to square one, and since he's never actually told me he's not interested, there's a part of me that he believes he is. I can't keep these feelings bottled up and I decided to write a romantic poem for him, using an acrostic of the letters of his name. I didn't go nuts in it, just talking about how I remember the first time I saw him, how as time went on, my feelings grew, etc. If someone wrote that to me, I'd think it was sweet, but I'm obviously biased. I really want to give this to him, even it means that I have to hear him reject me outright. I'm concerned though, that he may think it's creepy. And I'm not a creep, I'm just really smitten with him. If he doesn't want to be with me, it will hurt a lot, but I can move on. His mixed signals are so confusing though. Any advice would be great! My friends know the situation too well, so I need some outside input. Thanks!

im gonna be blunt, because i just smoked one

i would find that very creepy. If i were you i would of grabbed his balls and been like 'look, i want your dick, but i would love a relationship, tell me now if your interested so i know wether to get attached or not after we fucking have sex'

straight up

thanks, though i'm sure neither he nor I is interested in just fucking.

Love poetry is very sweet but can also seem a little creepy, it all depends on what you have written. why don't you give us a sample of it and we can really judge it?

I'd hold off giving him poetry for a while. You'd be better off finding out whether he has become available. I don't see any harm in telling him what you told us, that you fancied him, were disappointed when he was with someone already, loved it when he kissed you, but wasn't sure whether it meant anything more than a greeting etc. If the conversation started flowing I might even confess that I'd been inspired to write, but was worried that dumping a poem in his lap might disturb him. If he's normal he'd be bound to try and get you to show him your poem anyway Wink

Well I'd prefer not to write out the whole thing. But basically, I made an acrostic poem, meaning i wrote the letters of him name vertically, and each line includes one of those letters (not the first letter necessarily). I just talked about how I felt when I first him, then how as I got to know him a little, it intensified, how he's brought out feelings in me that I've never had, and how I want to care for him, protect him, encourage him. It's not as sappy as it sounds. I've read it some of my friends and they it sounds really sweet and sincere. But I think you're right. I should wait until I find out if he's single. I know this kid he is/was dating....total douche bag. What leads me to believe they're not together is that the kid doesn't live here during the summer. He just goes to school here. Both the other guy and I live here year round.

I would probably love it... I am a real romantic type and all... Even if I wasnt interested in you in that way I would take it as a real compliment... But then I am pretty weird Lol2

fjp999 Wrote:... But then I am pretty weird Lol2

Wink Xyxthumbs

I am the world's number one hopeless romantic fool, and i THINK noone on here knows the full exten of my ridiculous romanticism.

I, too, once wrote a poem for a guy i was smitten with. Thankfully auntie Jayjay stopped me from giving it to him. How i do miss her.

Basically you may think it's romantic because you've put your heart into it. But look at it objectively. Love poetry is pretty heavy stuff and in our cynical culture today it's seen as overblown and cheesy at best and downright freakish at worst. Either way that's not the image you want to project, is it?? Sadly life is neither a hollywood movie nor a sixteenth century play.

Also i think the form you chose is kinda pushing the limits of what most people would accept without worry. I mean, sweet though it surely is, using his name for an acrostic is only one step away from writing it in the style of a poison pen letter and telling him you see him at night or something.

In short, DON'T GIVE IT TO HIM!! Spend your time trying to reach him without such things. The really sucky thing is that noone's mind will be swayed by your affections alone, no matter how forceful, nor by your words, however eloquent. It has to come from him.

If you get more signs he's interested then act on them, but NOT with a big gesture, it'll scare him away if you're not already, like, mega close.

haha. thanks for the objectivity. I've kind of figured the same thing after letting it sit in my mind for a couple of days. I'm not sure what to do to win him over though. He seems like the kind of guy who wants to be courted and chased a little. But it's hard for me to figure out a good way to go about it. Flirting and dating are not my strong points.