Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cut?
My husband is cut , and it does not bother him at all.
He was born in Georgia USA and it was the norm then to get it done.

dfiant Wrote:I have never had an issue with being cut. I have been with 2 partners that were uncut and were far less sensitive than I am, and I have been with cut and uncut guys that were more sensitive.

I don't believe that it is typical that cut guys are less sensitive than uncut guys

There have been peer reviewed studies in the British Journal of Urology which prove the difference in sensitivity categorically, I'll post up the link when I get in front of a computer.

Genersis Wrote:I don't.:confused:
So i guess not all cut men need lube.Rolleyes
Or...is it just me?:redface:

LooL - I throw me away...

We all know from the TV : north american men have a bottle with lube near the bed .. or they have to stay horny.... they clean them self afterwards with used sox... and hang the used sox then on the door handle... and their mothers get a violet face in the morning after finding the sox.... I really love these kind of rumors

dfiant Wrote:...
Could there perhaps there is a link between libido and sensitivity?
I would think so, with increased blood circulation to the penis due to arousal.
But i'm just guessing here.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

blokeinsussex Wrote:There have been peer reviewed studies in the British Journal of Urology which prove the difference in sensitivity categorically, I'll post up the link when I get in front of a computer.

Don't take this personally, but scientific research doesn't trump personal experience, so I have no interest in what so called 'experts' say about my penis. It's stuck to my body, so I hazard to guess that I am the expert on my penis...categorically?

fenris Wrote:LooL - I throw me away...

We all know from the TV : north american men have a bottle with lube near the bed .. or they have to stay horny.... they clean them self afterwards with used sox... and hang the used sox then on the door handle... and their mothers get a violet face in the morning after finding the sox.... I really love these kind of rumors

It quite possibly could be just me.
Mainly because of things I'd rather not discuss...

But i can't imagine NEEDING lube though.
Would cost me a small fortune!:tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Yeah, most guys in the US are because it's "cleaner" somehow... for some reason I don't think that argument stands up when most people in the civilized world bathe pretty regularly.

Furthermore, I actually had my foreskin for about half of my life, until I was like 12-ish and I had a physical and the doctor said that my foreskin wasn't flexible enough to allow my head to pass through, and so they cut it off. I'm personally pretty pissed off about it and have to wonder why they couldn't have just cut a slit down the side of the foreskin, instead of taking the whole thing!!

I mean come one, those are my nerve endings!!!

-Der Jack
"Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been"

dfiant Wrote:Don't take this personally, but scientific research doesn't trump personal experience, so I have no interest in what so called 'experts' say about my penis. It's stuck to my body, so I hazard to guess that I am the expert on my penis...categorically?

But for information about every other man's penis I'll stick with science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

dfiant Wrote:Don't take this personally, but scientific research doesn't trump personal experience, so I have no interest in what so called 'experts' say about my penis. It's stuck to my body, so I hazard to guess that I am the expert on my penis...categorically?

You me and every guy who's cut has lost 8-12 square inches of densely innerviated skin to the detriment of our sexual function and enjoyment. Not taking it personally, but as Fred says, I'll take objective scientific study over subjective anecdotal experience every day of the week. Smile

Like I said, I'm really glad you don't have an issue with it but don't dismiss actual data proving that a cut dick is less sensitive than an intact one. This my friend is why the owner of a penis is the only one who should have a say in whether there's a foreskin on the end of their dick. Religious, cultural and hygiene reasons are all moot. It was my dick, and my foreskin. No-one should have the right to cut it off unless there is a pressing medical reason.

It's not easy for a guy to come to the realisation that his dick isn't the best it could be. Your dick is your masculinity, of course a guy is supposed to like it. Can you imagine what it's like to dislike your penis? I can, it's not easy. I've been through that process myself and have helped hundreds of others through the same process being staff on a restoration social network.

So, again, I'm happy that you're happy with your cut dick, but there are thousands of us who are not happy with ours because we hate the choice was made for us, and understand that we'd have liked our dicks to be as nature intended. Smile

Here is the abstract of the BJU study into sensitivity, I'd post the link but I dont have enough posts to my name.

Quote:OBJECTIVE

To map the fine-touch pressure thresholds of the adult penis in circumcised and uncircumcised men, and to compare the two populations.
SUBJECTS AND METHODS

Adult male volunteers with no history of penile pathology or diabetes were evaluated with a Semmes-Weinstein monofilament touch-test to map the fine-touch pressure thresholds of the penis. Circumcised and uncircumcised men were compared using mixed models for repeated data, controlling for age, type of underwear worn, time since last ejaculation, ethnicity, country of birth, and level of education.
RESULTS

The glans of the uncircumcised men had significantly lower mean (sem) pressure thresholds than that of the circumcised men, at 0.161 (0.078) g (P = 0.040) when controlled for age, location of measurement, type of underwear worn, and ethnicity. There were significant differences in pressure thresholds by location on the penis (P < 0.001). The most sensitive location on the circumcised penis was the circumcision scar on the ventral surface. Five locations on the uncircumcised penis that are routinely removed at circumcision had lower pressure thresholds than the ventral scar of the circumcised penis.
CONCLUSIONS

The glans of the circumcised penis is less sensitive to fine touch than the glans of the uncircumcised penis. The transitional region from the external to the internal prepuce is the most sensitive region of the uncircumcised penis and more sensitive than the most sensitive region of the circumcised penis. Circumcision ablates the most sensitive parts of the penis.

So yeah, bury your head in the sand and get defensive by all means, it's nothing new to me. Smile

So, now I'm curious.

Which type of underwear (ref: above article) is more detrimental to sensitivity?

I'm already cut, I certainly don't need to be wearing the wrong kind of underwear.

Grenade