Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dating
Hello. I met this waiter who gave me his phone number and asked for mine in return. On the 2nd day, I called him but he did not answer so i left a voice message. I did not hear back from him. I sent a couple of texts over the next 3 days and again, heard nothing back from him. On day 7, my friend and I visited the restaurant the waiter works at. He remembered me right away . I asked him if I could call him and he said yes, that would be ok. I called but, no response. texted him too and no response. I don't understand why he would have given me his phone number only to not respond to my messages. I realize that people are busy with their lives but it's not asking too much for some sort of response. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thx

Sometimes, things change in people's lives. You give me your number today - tomorrow your ex comes back or you and a casual FWB decide you want to try a relationship. So you no longer have any interest in me. It has nothing to do with me or how hot, sexy and gorgeous I am *AHEM...*

And yes, the guy should have responded and told you what was happening. I would have. But then. everyone isn't as considerate as me lol -

You kind of put him on the spot when you went to his work. I waited tables in college and I wasn't in the position of getting away with potentially upsetting customers. So yeah.

His lack of response tells you all you need to know. Let it go. If at some point he has a change of heart, let him call you.

sat Wrote:...Any thoughts would be appreciated. thx

personality disorder.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

It's possible that he's just really busy but it honestly doesn't sound like he's interested in you, which is weird since he gave you his number...

How much did you tip him ???

1) Are you sure that the number is correct? Did you double check it with him when you saw him?

2) If the number -is- correct? Then it's time to let it go and move on.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:1) Are you sure that the number is correct? Did you double check it with him when you saw him?

2) If the number -is- correct? Then it's time to let it go and move on.

If he gave you the # and said you can call a second time, my guess would be you have the wrong number. How sloppy is his handwriting? 1's and 7's, 4's and 9's, 5's and 6's are often confused.

All the speculating about this guys intentions and what you should do are as important as tree farts. You're wasting conversation and brain time with all this. Time to move on down the road and drop the drama.

I really think you should leave that guy alone. He sounds like a jerk

Not to be harsh, but he sounds like one of those guys who networks himself and then picks the guy who best fits his standards. People like him are bad news, don't give him any more attention.