Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dating advice for newbies
okay,
never in a million years did i ever think i'd be asking advice on this topic

I've been thinking i want to date another guy.This would mean actually going on dates in public. i have no idea how to meet guys or how would i know if their into me. sure, you could say just ask them I'm just not comfortable doing that.
Does anyone know of any email/ dating sites i could try? what are your favorites? i never thought i would even think about adding my picture to a dating site for the world to see. I'm not out so this makes it a little harder. when your on a site what do you look for in a profile picture? i would be okay making friends first. when on a dating site what do you look for?

any suggestions would be great

POF and OkCupid are good sites geared more towards dating than hookups.

I would highly recommend putting your pic on your profile. You probably aren't going to message someone without seeing their pic first, so why would someone message you? Plus, you know if they message you, they are interested in your looks so you don't have to worry about getting to know each other then them not being interested anymore after you do eventually send your pic.

I wasn't out either when I first started online dating and was worried about putting my pic up too, but I haven't had it come back to bite me. Besides, if someone is on the a gay dating site and sees your pic, they are probably gay the themselves, right?

My advice for a pic would be one that makes you look appealing/attractive and one where you look like you're having fun. A potential romantic interest will want someone who is fun and looks happy.

Good luck!

You can find and join Boston gay sports clubs in your city.I think it's healthier than clubs full of noise and dancing etc.............

There are some gay sports clubs links that you can search through google.

Wish you good luck!Happy

If you want the online experience then yes PoF all the way in my opinion. People, in my area at least, tended to be active and serious about dating and/or ltr. That's where I met my fiance actually. Also if you're worried about dates in public, don't!! LoL unless it's insanely obvious its a date people tend to think two men out and about are just good bros chillaxin, LoL. That's what my experience and some other people i know at least.

good wish to you

Just ask them, you are making it harder than it really is. And if they don’t want to, either accept it or move on.

For dating sites, I wouldn’t go to strictly gay dating sites. From my experience, those places don’t take relationship seriously (I tried gay.com). They only want a quick hook up. Maybe try the more popular ones like match or ehormony.

And for pics, yea you definitely have to post a pic onto your profile. And don’t post one with you in a group or with another guy. Just use a solo pic of yourself.

Don’t take it too seriously when online dating. You are going to face some rejection if you don’t look like a super model.