Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deleting account due to abusive member
I feel i have no choice other than to delete my account du3 to an abusive member thawoods. Who has left several abusive messages on my pictures and profile page. These have been reported and have pm'd administration (andy) without even any acknowledgement of receiving a complaint . I had thought stupidly obviously that this was suposed to be a safe, friendly, suportive community orientated site. Not somwhere for someone to have free rain to abuse other members. I have seen posts where this person has been abusive to others not just to myself. He is an absolute discrace to the human race. He perports to be someone who is living in fear of the hatred from people in his comunity if they knew he was gay. Yet yet is happy to be hateful in his comments to others. And admin dont seen to give a shit about it. Thawoods i hope you die cold and lonely being fucked to death by a syphalitic donky. I dare say that this post will be removed very quickly but i wanted some people on here to know why i had not posted for a while and had left the site.

Ok, without trying to minimize what it seems to be a problem for you, I have to say I saw maybe 2 comments that seem abusive and the rest seem like compliments towards you...

That said if you have a problem with another member, you can put them on the ignore list and that works wonders to get rid of the problem. Because in all honesty letting ONE person ruin the whole experience for you here is sort of a bummer and it also means giving said person too much power over you.

Some people, shy, have way too much time on their hands and do stupid things when they're bored. You are better than any such people.

Andy is the one and only mod here and lately he seems absent, which you can guess is due to being busy. The site works, mostly, by relying on people to behave, which tbh most people manage to do fine.

Consider it!
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Shy, I wouldn't let anyone drive you away. I'm sure Andy will respond to you before long, especially after this thread. Hang in there.

For now you can block this person so he cannot message you again or even see his posts on the site ever again....just click the User CP button ( its next to the red chat room link directly under the gay speak logo) then on your left column go down to Edit Ignore list (its the 13th link down) then in the box just type your abusers name into it and click ok - you wont see this persons posts again and he is blocked from messaging you 2..

Andy doesn't always come on to the site but he will act when he does see you complaints - please do not let one member force you to leave as you have made way more friends on gayspeak with your postings and general good nature and interactions with everyone else -

Once again I will say please stay as for one enjoy your posts and interactions with everyone

I went through every one of your pictures and like Insertnamehere, I found 2 disparaging comments. Honestly, that's 2 more than there should be. I don't know why thawoods went from being complimentary towards you to becoming abusive, but his comments are definitely not excusable. Put him on ignore and wait for a resolution. Until then, continue finding the support you've come to enjoy with everyone else in this community.

I wasn't aware anyone took thawoods seriously to be honest.
From observing him I think he's so far removed from reality and social etiquette that he's better thought of as a virus that displays semi-human traits than an actual human being.

Ignore him, is my advice. About, what, 90% of people here already do? It's been a while since anyone took a formal head count.

There are some good people on here so I am going to try the block him link. If it wasnt for loosing mobile signal as I was deleting the account I would have gone already. I will give it another try. It just realy grates against me that ok maybe I cant see what he is putting but that dosnt stop him from being abusive I just wont be able to see what he is saying..

Cheers
James

shyl4l Wrote:There are some good people on here so I am going to try the block him link. If it wasnt for loosing mobile signal as I was deleting the account I would have gone already. I will give it another try. It just realy grates against me that ok maybe I cant see what he is putting but that dosnt stop him from being abusive I just wont be able to see what he is saying..

Cheers
James

i have a couple of moments behind me when i decided to delete my account on here as well. i've set it up for deletion 2 or 3 times, but i ended up not going through with it.

i do like this place, even though i am not good at written communication and/or relating to/understanding people through said written communication (my major problem). and i can get annoyed, but i usually get over it with a little time. maybe do that too, just give it a little time. things will settle down.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I cut my posts down by 95% ...mainly due to the same guy initially.

A board's personality changes all the time. Sometimes it becomes a lot worse...

I have deleted my account twice before..but now..I just take a back seat and wait to see if the dynamics get better. I belong to a lot of gay boards..and other boards....so I just go elsewhere when the vibe changes. This one was my favorite for a couple of years...not now though...

It will change again..it always does...

meridannight Wrote:i have a couple of moments behind me when i decided to delete my account on here as well. i've set it up for deletion 2 or 3 times, but i ended up not going through with it.

i do like this place, even though i am not good at written communication and/or relating to/understanding people through said written communication (my major problem). and i can get annoyed, but i usually get over it with a little time. maybe do that too, just give it a little time. things will settle down.

I know hat u mean by giving it time. Its just at the momrnt im struggling slightly . I have finaly taken the step to come out to everyone including myself and am now thinking what next i know what i want just not how to go about gettin it. I keep thinking have i done the right thing? Would i have been better off just going on as before. I hate pubs and clubs wich is how most people meet. I am feeling tottaly out of my depth and struggling to handle it.
I also dislike confrontation. I dont like the way i react to it . I am a head on kind of person, quite blunt when someone attacks me or myfriends. I find myself saying things or being the kind of person that i usually am not and dislike myself for it. I would rather help someone than hinder them or try to heal them instead of hurt them. There is enough nastyness in this world without me adding to it.