Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dfiant
things are changing soo fast

ManicLewis21 Wrote:Don't worry, I'm quite disappointed with the ragequit. I think this all could've been handled alot more smoothly.

and solemn. I don't believe that was said in his very first post. so the constant deviation of the original topic and the sudden turn on him and his post might've led him to lose his temper. he even gave hints as to why he didn't believe in it. it was for the poster's ears only- just to give depth and variety to someone who wants nothing but opinions. But apparently all we want here is static and unanimous opinions. The man asked for opinons- he got it- people didnt agree- the solution was not to blow him up on that thread, but to create an entire new thread discussing that- in which dfiant could've chosen to withold his opinion and not even get himself worked up. Instead he was blown up in a thread that he wasn't even exactly aiming to send a blow to the bisexual community. he stated he knew people werent going to like it, but the people that didnt like it should've taken it to another new thread.

He did indeed say those words relatively late, just after he deleted his account I think. It still doesn't change the fact that he singled people out calling them cunts.

Prior to his leaving I was easily the harshest one to respond to his comment - yet all I did was accuse him of generalisations with lots of sarcasm. In other words not a very big deal. The others, megumidesu and Miles I think, were being incredibly respectful in their comments. He was definitely overreacting. The only one who said anything that could have possibly upset him was me (and even that was pretty tame) yet he acted like everyone was ganging up on him.

I never bashed him myself.......because it's nothing I haven't heard tons of times before. He made all the typical Anti-bi logic points.....so I was not hurt. all I said was how sad that that crap is on this board. That's all it is to me.......sad.
I mean, it stung a little but.....i digress.
Mick

Maniclewis, I am going to have to disagree with you. You may like dfiant, but he was in the wrong in that thread. All I told him was why his words were especially insulting to bi people. He may not have been targeting any one person (until he called them cunts), but he was singling out an entire group. No one was trying to "gang up" on him, and we were very respectful. Meanwhile, he was trying to act as if our sexual orientation was wrong on a site about tolerance towards sexual orientations. It was extremely disrespectful and entirely off topic.

Well whatever was said, wish you all the best dfiant.

I wish him the best and hope to see Difant here again really soon.
An eye for an eye

VileKyle Wrote:Maniclewis, I am going to have to disagree with you. You may like dfiant, but he was in the wrong in that thread. All I told him was why his words were especially insulting to bi people. He may not have been targeting any one person (until he called them cunts), but he was singling out an entire group. No one was trying to "gang up" on him, and we were very respectful. Meanwhile, he was trying to act as if our sexual orientation was wrong on a site about tolerance towards sexual orientations. It was extremely disrespectful and entirely off topic.

We can just agree to disagree and leave it at that. I personally think that other issues around the site were making him fed up, slowly leading up to this, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Whatever the case, that sexy man needs to come back and this should all be obliterated like so. Uzi

Agree to disagree if you want, but I won't have my sexual orientation discriminated against. If you think that's fine, I may as well go around insulting lesbians because of their sexual orientation, for example. I don't think that would be taken well here, even if it was stated as a personal opinion. That's not cool at all.

But can we let it drop though?

Like, it's getting to the point where it's becoming so repetitive and tedious...

Don't give yourself greys over it Sis, calm your puss, cause it's gonna happen over and over, and will get progressively worse, the less thick your skin is to it.

I'm not saying just accept it or let it slide even, but be mentally or emotionally mature about it and ignore what you believe to be ignorance or wrong, cause Sis, nobody ain't changin nodbodies gay ass opinion for nothing, unless that person wishes to see reason.

Trying to show someone the flaws in their opinions, is not defending what is right or wrong, but is merely trying to drop your opinions on theirs.

Another common and equally if not more tedious topic, Effeminate Gay Men, is opinion based. My opinion is that we are no less desirable and that it is wrong to discriminate and generalize against us, however, I will never say your opinion is wrong, as you are entitled to it.

I'll just show you mine, cause you showed me yours Wink , but I'm not gonna say it's right or wrong or try to change it.

I think people here are maybe too sensitive for such dramatic discussions...perhaps. I myself, am soooo over the Fem topics, which is why I no longer respond to them, but will readily use them to equivalate or compare something to.

Can we just stop rehashing? Let's talk about Pedicures and Paranormal Stuff(not demons/poltergiests! :o )

This thread needs to be closed. Everytime I see it. I get madder and madder.

Mick