Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
diffrent words
Shadow Wrote:ABSOLUTELY RIGHT !!

:biggrin:

Custard is a served as either a topping for cakes and pies (usually crumbles and things you have to eat with a spoon), or if it's thickened and hardened ("Confectioner's Custard") as a filling for certain cakes - Custard Slices (a variation of Mille-Feuille, aka the "Cream Slice"), Custard Horns, even Egg Custard ...

Custard rools.

... and lush ? It's just a slang word meaning really tasty Wink.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Custard is that desserty thing that the British pour onto almost everything sweet, lol... in fact we call this Crème Anglaise (so you see there must be a connection) However, I'd like to point out that whilst French people would hardly be caught buying it in a carton or can (you can get cartons of it now) they would be appalled by the Bird's powder version of it from which eggs are almost if not totally exempt. Custard ought to be made with egg yolks, milk, sugar and some corn flour, maybe vanilla essence... but in France Crème Anglaise is a more subtle dish from which corn flour is normally missing but it's hard for this dish not to curdle in the pan if not caught on time and retrieved from the hob (one of the reasons for putting corn flour in, I guess).

i got another one tea! there was a big funny confussing becase of what tea means:biggrin: it was funny

Exactly ! 'coz to us tea is either a drink, or dinner ... and Afternoon Tea is another thing that American's don't seem to have - you guys call it "High Tea", which I had never heard of before ...

... but aside from that it's the same thing - scones with jam and cream, finger sandwiches, small desserts, that sorta thing ... mmmmmmmmmm.

*licks his eyebrows*.

BRING ON THE DESSERTS.

Lol2.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

i call tea fro my meal in the evening.Confusedmile: but the drink aswell

Shadow Wrote:ABSOLUTELY RIGHT !!

:biggrin:

Custard is a served as either a topping for cakes and pies (usually crumbles and things you have to eat with a spoon), or if it's thickened and hardened ("Confectioner's Custard") as a filling for certain cakes - Custard Slices (a variation of Mille-Feuille, aka the "Cream Slice"), Custard Horns, even Egg Custard ...

Custard rools.

... and lush ? It's just a slang word meaning really tasty Wink.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I wonder what kind of American friend you had over there that didnt know what custard was :tongue: I mean, we have a pie over here called Custard Cream Pie... Maybe it is local or I am such an internationalists Mdrbig I am sure that it isnt an everyday gobble but might be for some over here... it is a big country.

Over here a lush is a drunk :eek:

Shadow Wrote:Exactly ! 'coz to us tea is either a drink, or dinner ... and Afternoon Tea is another thing that American's don't seem to have - you guys call it "High Tea", which I had never heard of before ...

... but aside from that it's the same thing - scones with jam and cream, finger sandwiches, small desserts, that sorta thing ... mmmmmmmmmm.

*licks his eyebrows*.

BRING ON THE DESSERTS.

Lol2.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

never heard of High Tea either... we just say evening snack or afternoon snack *** and yes, joseph, that was funny Chinese tea I believe...

sorry, too early for me for deserts.... later please Bouncer

Oh yeah, we have a lush = a drunk as well ... I forgot that :redface: lol.

You guys have gritz (sp?), which we just don't ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:Oh yeah, we have a lush = a drunk as well ... I forgot that :redface: lol.

You guys have gritz (sp?), which we just don't ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

do you mean grits - as in a kind of cereal made from corn?

Yup - that's the fella.

We don't have that here ... we have like ... muesli and porridge and stuff like that, but no grits ...

I've never even tried it - what it's like ??

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

hehehe, never had the fellas myself... more common in the southern states. Closest I have had would be called Farina which is wheat based not corn. It is thinner than grits. I understand that both are rather bland. As children we would add everything to try to get farina to have some flavor,butter, sugar, syrup, chocolate... Did warm up your tummy on a cold day when you had to get out and walk to school.