Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
diuretic
Just exactly how do you deal with the damned stuff, if you must? If I take it, it is impossible to leave the house and the errands do not get done. Please, please. Any suggestions?
I bid NO Trump!

Wish I had something for you, but apparently my bladder is the size of a small country.

Lex

You know, many of my wet dreams have been about needing to pee.

I've been taking a diuretic to lower my blood pressure and know what your going thru.

What I do is avoid drinking fluids for about two hours prior to going somewhere that doesn't have toilet facilities. Over time, your body will adjust "a little" to the medicine and you won't have to go to the bathroom as often (smile).. When I first started taking a diuretic, I'd have to go to the bathroom within 5 minutes of drinking a glass of water,,,, and now I can go for 30 minutes or more (after drinking a soda) before I have to hit the toilet!!!

What I hate, is the length of time it takes to relieve myself. Just when you think your finished - a little more suddenly want's to come out,,, and then a little more,,, and a little more!!!!!

P.S. You may have to talk to your doctor about adjusting the dosage. I'm currently taking 25Mg of Hydrochlorothiazide

Jim
We Have Elvis !!

Thanks, Guys, I am just having one hell of a time dealing with this because I want to be able to get out and around. Leaving the house is psychologically important, especially right now, and there has got to be something I cn do. I am not going to use Depends as a solution. It is all made worse by my being a diabetic. I feel imprisoned.
I bid NO Trump!

I found these on Google... if you're inclined to pack it around with you.

[Image: 220.jpg]

Two thoughts.

always carry an empty water bottle around.

wear absorptive undergarments.