Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do all straight people assume everyone else is straight ?
I go to a barbers that is run by a very funny woman and an excellent hair cutter, she always asks about me getting into trouble with my girlfriend when I go home with a very short crop lol, or when I tell her things ive been up to she always says my girlfriend will kill me = to be honest ive not put her off as usually its a shop full of people....ive just gone along with it and ive pretty much got a virtual family in her eyes Smile

anyone else had this kind of long term thing happen ???

Well, I think that people assume that guy will usually be together with a girl, because that's how it should be. Unless they're total retards, straights realize there are gay people as well, it's just that heterosexuality is much more common than homosexuality.

Definitely....you can't really blame people for it...it's the "standard", the "rule", the "status quo"

I get asked a lot "So, when are we gonna meet a girlfriend?"...It almost makes me hit them an scream "The day I start liking girls you f******"

Maybe they're just avoiding to ask me "Why are you 25 and never had a girlfriend?"

jeez

Some people have made womanizer jokes about me. Usually I just go along with it.
Some boys at my high school though were so homophobic they pretty much assumed everyone is gay until proven otherwise, and lived their lives fearing they were inches away from being lynched by homosexuals everyday.

pellaz Wrote:if someone asked why i dont date this girl or dont phuck that i reply; "because my husband would be very upset with me".
at some point in your life, when you feel comfortable with it, you got to do it.

It's also easier to take such a stand when you've actually GOT a husband... to call your own. (even if you are not technically 'married')

Everyone that does not know me assumes that I am straight. I don't usally say anything about it because if they are strangers it is none of their business but I don't hide it . If I was out with my boyfriend then they would know I was gay. Smile

thx for replies - all good - don't like starting threads cos I though it might bomb - I don't mind telling people but not strangers = although I apparently don't act gay so im told,,,,, im tempted to stick a big old gay badge on saying homo - just to break the ice for them

When people ask me if I have a girlfriend or assume that I do,
I just tell them that I'm single and haven't any interest in the dramas that come with relationships
to avoid the question about any girlfriend prospects for the future.

I'm telling the truth while keeping it extremely neutral.
No insinuating about "he's" or "she's".

People usually aren't bold enough to confront me
on the questioning of my sexuality from my neutral approach,
if they happen to find it odd,
but admit to high curiosities, based on it,
if I eventually end up disclosing to them that I'm gay.

Most people assume I'm straight, but it doesn't really bother me - I just correct them and that's it.

Although when I'm dating someone, it is always funny to kiss them in front of someone who doesn't know Laugh
The reactions are priceless about 88% of the time :p

In general I don't think anyone should feel an obligation to explain to/correct people.
I think it's only an issue if a girl who "likes" you thinks you're straight, and you don't inform her otherwise.
Because that's just cruel.

She's probably just making an assumption. Not everyone has the best gaydar out there lol. I don't really bring it up either unless I'm asked. I don't see a reason to.