Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do all straight people assume everyone else is straight ?
Woah. You mean you guys have been gay this whole time? This changes everything!

I'm pretty sure it's assume that your straight, because its the dominant orientaion.

Heck i'm not ashamed or afraid to admit I assume people are straight unless told otherwise. It's societal conditioning. It'll change slowly though.

Mick

I have a gay older friend that thinks all men have gay desires and feelings and will say to me that he thinks that guy will have sex with him and blah blah blah and I think that is just complete bullshit to be honest and I never assume that anyone is ever interested in anyone like that. Well my gaydar has been broken for ever so I couldn't tell you who is straight, gay or whatever else. I mean if they are very flamboyant you can sometimes tell but ya never know and they could be married to a female. Never assume anything is my motto!

VileKyle Wrote:Woah. You mean you guys have been gay this whole time? This changes everything!

According to some of these percentage rates, Ive only been gay 95% of the time.
Or 10% of the time....depending on who's version you are looking at.

Rofl

I have had to deal with this "girlfriend" issue my who life, I just look at them like they are crazy and walk off. I chalk it up to stupidity.

Then, the ones who DO know me (and are hetero) think that just because I like men, I like ALL men and get a boner every time some guy walks past me!!! So I started dong the same thing to my male friends....."Hey, did you get a boner for HER"? "OMG, your girlfriend is gonna get mad"....etc... And I ESPECIALLY did this when an old woman passed by. They finally "got the hint" and stopped it.

NO not all straight people assume everyone is straight u.u
Many of my friends are quite good at picking out gay people.
Also for example. My mum assumed I was gay.
My friend at school told me I was gay before I had come out.

Bahahaha, I can totally relate to this.

I've had the same thing happen with acquaintances and people who didn't know I was gay. My old boss once was talking to one of our regular customers and said something about me, and was like "He looks so great, doesn't he? He's just going to make some wonderful girl really happy one day", and I just laughed and thought to myself "Yeah, or some wonderful guy." I think most people assume other people are straight just because it's more common, and especially if the person isn't perceivably gay.

I hate that everyone assumes I'm straight, it's incredibly presumptuous. When they do I quickly correct them though, my favorite response to men that ask me out is "I don't think my wife would appreciate that very much". Usually shuts them up quickly! It does boggle my mind that they fail entirely to notice that I wear a wedding ring though.
My old boss who was female used to caution me about how it was acceptable to handle issues with my very obviously lesbian coworker because "she's considered a minority"....the hilarious part is that we were dating and living together! When I changed my address to that of my coworker/girlfriend my boss still didn't suspect a thing.

To Assume makes and Ass of U for assuming of Me lol. Primary school stuff peeps :3 .

People always assume because I'm from the Islands, I speak Patois and that because I have Dreads I smoke fatal amounts of Sensimilla(Ganja/Weed) and that because I am gay that I like purses and lip stick and shoes.

Now who am I to give a single solitary second to ignorance? Assume all you like, I know the truth.

People ask me all the time about girls, I'm just like, Does it look like there's a girl in my life? Could you politely and swiftly remove yourself from it? Thank you. Have a nice Day.