Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you believe in fate ?
Could every step you take in this life be set out before you or maybe just certain events or people you meet. Could we.possibly change our fate. People often say stuff like "it was meant to be" and funny things happen, people have premonitions etc its kind of scary if you think we have no free-will and are programmed like robots but everyone knows that not true, why would we do such cruel and damn stupid stuff, how is it fate if sealife we havent yet discovered becomes extinct because of plastic in the oceans! if we give in to fate arent we just giving in and not taking responsibility.

so hopefully this will be a poll too

No, even though sometimes it seems like there is such a thing.

We are given free will, to make errors and hopefully learn from them, as far as plastic in the oceans, being an ex surfer, there is more crap than that there, don't people know to recycle? I believe that people are basically lazy, or don't care about anything other than themselves when it comes to keeping the world clean and protecting the environment. Just my thoughts, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

The distinction between being bound by fate or having freedom to choose what path we take is like the distinction the earth revolving around the sun and the resulting appearance of the sun as revolving around the earth. It's a matter of perspective, and the immediate appearance is effectively the same. Whether the earth actually revolves around the sun or not is neither nor there. It's a philosophical black hole.

I don't believe in fate, but I do believe in inertia. In retrospect I should have probably voted no. But who knows? :p

No.

We have a multitude of choices to make every day of our lives. Some mundane, some important. Some may be life changing, most won't be.

Such is life.

ObW
X

[COLOR="Blue"]Kay, Crazy Sylph is here to stir up the mix Wink

First of all, it is my belief that if you do bad things, bad things come back to you, so in essence, I suppose I believe in Fate, but not like a "Manipulated" Fate, such as arranging a marriage, because while that could be seen as a form of Fate, it's not one that is within the cyclic state of things.

It's like stuffing something into an already filled or moving thing and then saying it was meant to be when whatever it is spills or breaks.

But anywho, it's the principle of Ashay which we were taught in school, that what goes around, comes around; Reciprocity.

Our Teacher would always ask "Ago" which translates to like "Can I have your attention" and we would respond "Ame" which is like "You have my attention" which taught us a give and take or call and response method, which is also integral to the principles.

Because if someone asked me for help, and I refused(and I mean just for the sake of refusing), something bad is bound to happen to me, which ties in with Karma as well.

Now was it fate that I refused? Most likely, but because it's an imposed situation, it's sort of hard to tell, but for instance, if you trip up the steps or something, then that to me is definitely a sign of fate.

All things happen for a reason however I believe. People try to go against the flow in life, which often leads to frustrations and what not.

However I am a modern boy, so I do get the wanting to "Fight the System", however, for as long as I can remember, I've always gone with the flow, cause I know things will happen when they will and for a reason. Not to say if a man was to hold a sword to my chest would I let him impale me, but I would know it was for a reason that it happened at that point in time.

You can... Temper Fate, but cannot manipulate or avoid it unfortunately...

People are always afraid of what they don't know or understand, so it's bound to be scary. Heck it's scary to me sometimes, but I don't disbelieve in it. But everyone is definitely entitled to their opinions and beliefs <3

Hands-make-heart[/COLOR]

Yes

I've had one to many experiences to believe otherwise

We are free to make choices, but only those that are aligned with our pre-determined path will prosper. All others will come to naught.

Yes Sylph, you don't believe that your whole life is preordained. Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

James Wrote:Yes Sylph, you don't believe that your whole life is preordained. Jim

Oh gurl, it's not preordained per se, but it's like Astrological signs.

It's my belief that they are more like Astral/Spiritual Symbolisms for the person that you are, but do not define who you are.

Life is not as simple as putting a dollar in the vending machine and getting a soda. Like the mechanisms inside the machine that determine how fast, slow or even if you get the soda at all, so are they alike our life choices.

But in the end, Fate is a way of saying basically, everything was meant to happen how it did, does and will and I can't disagree.

One day you may not get that Soda. even though 3 days in a row prior, doing it the exact same way, did you get the soda.

Only to find out that the one Soda could have been the determining factor to you not being diagnosed with Diabetes or some other thing. (Just an example people, don't get crazy.

But it's really no use in trying to convince people who don't want to be or refuse to see. Sheep

I guess "who knows" is the only answer I can give, because I do and don't believe in it in a sense. I'm a Buddhist, so I believe all of our actions (causes) have consequences (effects). So, yeah, in a way, we are "destined" or "fated" to the effects of our causes (both good and bad), but I don't believe in fate as in "God has a plan for you" or "your life is pre-written" or something.