Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you believe in "love of your life"?
CuriousPhoenix Wrote:Yes one can find the love of their life. It happens everyday but sometimes it doesn't last. We get fixated on the happily ever after of the love story. We assume that since they deeply love each other they will stay that way but life happens and it can change. Sometimes the relationship can cope with the change sometimes it can't.

He does seem very practical and realistic in his outlook. I don't know enough about him but maybe he was too quick to say "I love you" once before and he was burned. So now he has become a pessimist and very cautious with saying "I love you."

I believe our culture says "I love you," too much as it is. It should only be said if you truly mean it and he might be working towards saying it to you. He might just need to trust you more.

I totally agree with your statement that "I love you" is being told way too often and not shown enough. In my family, I love you isn't a word thrown away like any other words, I don't end a telephone conversation with my dude with I love you, I do not wake up in the morning saying I love you, in fact if you hear I love you from me more than 3 times in a week, please call 911, there must be something wrong with me. I love you, je t'aime, te quiero for me are just words and they are not giving me much effect. Show me that you love me with a gesture, may it just be a kiss on the cheek and I know you love me, no need to say it.

In a flame of a moment, yes it is okay to say I love you because I really can feel that you do. I need to feel it not hear it.

Now do I believe in love of my life, well a life is pretty long, I love Alex with all my heart, but he's not the love of my life since I have no fucking idea how much time I have on this earth. He's my love of the moment. Tomorrow either I or him could say or do something that will end this love very quickly and he could or I could become the hate of his life and that for sure last longer than love. I love telling people Carpe Diem, seize the day, because that's a Maxim I live by.

Iceblink Wrote:I believe in the idea of "the love of my life" in the sense that the man I am with is the one I am going to be with until one of us dies. Do I believe in the idea of "the life of my life" as some kind of spiritual, predetermined destiny and this was the person I was meant to be with and find? No. I do not believe that.

There was a time in my younger years where I thought relationships were destiny written in the stars, but years of experience later, I'm a bit more pragmatic about it and agree with Iceblink... At the time, each BF felt like "the ONE", but I have learned that the can come and go. Some are missed more than others, and some will always hold a special place in my heart, but IMO there's nothing spiritual/magical, or Disney about dating. Life is diverse enough that you're capable of spending your time with multiples of people and still be perfectly happy in each instance.

Like that old song says... "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with".

Love of my life... it does not exist. There will be many chances where I will fall in love, build a relationship, hearts left broken... but I will move on and find what I truly need from a serious relationship, each time feeling something completely different, and that's its pure beauty. You can't define love.

Yes. I've been to the mountaintop.

palbert Wrote:Yes. I've been to the mountaintop.

With Mountaindew ahhhhhh Refreshing! LOL

BlueStar Wrote:You can't define love.

I agree with this and I've said on another forum love is a spiritual word, its giving a name to something to express something that you can't express in words so you say "I love you"

Love of my life - you've hurt me,
You've broken my heart and now you leave me.
Love of my life can't you seeeeeee,
Bring it back, bring it back,
Don't take it away from me, because you don't know what it means to meeeeeeeeeee

I don't know... I think some people just get lucky.

Yes. I believe in it. It might be because I'm a bit of a romantic, but I do believe there is a love of your life out there for everyone. Some people find theirs, others don't. Smile

yes, and I hope everyone finds it.