Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you ever bring up your sexuality with new friends?
i am just wondering since it hasn't been too long (maybe 1/2 years) that i realized i was more gay than bi. do you think for new friendships it could be good to be open about it?

i feel like as i meet people outside of where i live, especiallt with aquantances i probably can bring it up, but at the same time im not totally out so i know. dont have to but i wonder how people just bring it up or better yet know who you can be honest with it about, or if maybe some of you just keep your sexuality between yourself and very few people maybe.

Jarswim

Difficult question. I certainly think that, generally speaking, you should be open with new acquaintances. You can use opportunities to use gender non-specific language, but I think you should wait for the opportunity rather than bring it up.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

i observe people first. sometimes, you have to carefully analyze someone if they're not homophobic cause coming out to a person who'll not accept you for who you are might put you down.....

I try to make it known earlier on, one way or another. Don't want to build up a good friendship with someone only to find that they can't accept my sexuality. Also, if it's a girl I am befriending, I'm always secretly afraid she'll think I'm coming on to her when I just want to be friends. I don't want her to get attached to me in a romantic way, so I try to make sure she knows before we really get to be friends.

I don't see a point in hiding it. I want my friends to be friends with me, not with a false idea of me.

i have to admit though, i am not sure how to bring it up with new people.

i guess i can say after hanging out when time, oh btw, i am gay, i guess......

but yeah once i move out of my house i am definetely going to be a bit more open about it. unfortanatly i live in a fairly religious town right now so there are a lot of ignorant people around here lol. no offense to anyone :biggrin:

actually, one of my tricks is that when a very cute guy walks by us, i say "wow, that guy sure is handsome, right?".... with that statement, they'll get what you mean...

Laugh2 i guess its just weird that i can't be honest with everyone. im not even sure how to tell my old friends and i wont do it until my financial situations better cause it seems you tell one person, what goes around so im staying on the side of caution. right now only one person in the world knows for 'fact' that im not straight. at least i have him but i am cautious about telling people certain things i guess.

Anonymous Wrote:Laugh2 i guess its just weird that i can't be honest with everyone......

i hope this is just about the coming out thing and not as a general you.....hehe

uh, yeah. i was just saying if i tell one person, next thing i know everyone will know i am gay and cause unneeded drama, lol. i don't care for the religious community, aka some cousins, old friends, etc...... knowing im gay at least not now. none of their business Scatter

This is a good question and I'll answer my way. I personally don't wear my penis on my shoulder and don't quite frankly care if anyone knows about my gayness. I can keep my gayness all to myself. I don't hold hands in public, I don't kiss in public and find it repulsive when heterosexuals do so (Get a room).

As for telling it to old friends, an easy way to come out of the closet and let folks know you're gay, bi, pansexual, tri, whatever is to introduce them to your significant other. This usually works rather well. Except that one time.

I was at a gay party and someone invited a straight friend along for the ride (no pun intended folks). Regardless of the fact that many people were wearing pink shirts, rainbow colored bandana's/wrist bands/socks/sparkly pants and shirts that read "I Kiss Boys", this guy found out I was gay because I introduced him to my hubby. He was taken aback and immediately went to find some buff guys to "teach those faggots a lesson". So he got a few buff guys wearing rainbow wristbands and the double male symbol for showing gay pride and whatnot to come up to me. Dude was promptly kicked out of the party.

I guess he thought that we were going to attack him with blowjobs or something. Ignorance can't be helped, but the point of this whole thing is that not everyone is going to accept your sexuality and those that can't handle it, screw them, they weren't your friends to begin with.