Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
downton abbey
ShiftyNJ Wrote:We're going to see this in April... looks hilarious!

Mr, Kempner! Kiss me, quick! How excellent. Bravo! So well done.

Dan1980 Wrote:It reminds me of an old British tv show Upstairs Downstairs.

Really? Whatever could be the reason? http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/televisi...story.html

As for Downton Abbey, it is a joy to see the era portrayed as much as it is tiresome to see PBS endlessly fawn over Brits. For all the talk of progress and social change, it is embarrassing to see New Mexico PBS fill several nights a week with too many Brit shows, and an undue emphasis on the toffee set. It betrays program directors at the network catering to a geriatric middle class, predominantly female viewership here, ignoring the larger Latino population in deference to the Anglos here.

Oh, and I watch mostly to see homosexuality banished to the working class and demonized in the most Machiavellian character, deftly avoiding its occurrence in either the wholly missing middle class in the series, or in the worshipped gentry. Nice work that.

The costume drama IS a fun romp, as long as we don't pine for it.

I don't get the fascination with the show. I can't stand it.

only one season left

Downton Abbey has been one of the best things that have happened in my life. Seriously, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I am fascinated with every aspect and am starting to decorate my house in the DA period style.

I am sad that the upcoming season is the last, but understand that writers need to end stories while they're still quality. If they keep writing after the inspiration is gone, it could ruin the consistent and great story. I will always watch my DVD seasons.

just one more episode...the series 6 Christmas episode. and then, that's it! :'(

trywait Wrote:just one more episode...the series 6 Christmas episode. and then, that's it! :'(

oh its not nice when your show ends it run - why not make it a special occasion, get dressed up, put out the nibbles and see the show out in style mate Smile ,

its not been a show I've watched myself unlike the rest of my family but I'm amazed at its popularity in the USA.....sounds like its really loved over there

it's been a month since it ended, bittersweet about it.

it was indeed fun while it lasted

Wigs on the green, bitches!

I'm not loving this season as much. For some reason I want something good to happen for Thomas and I don't think it's going to.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Wigs on the green, bitches!

I'm not loving this season as much. For some reason I want something good to happen for Thomas and I don't think it's going to.

you mean barrow, right?

keep at it. eventually, everything will work out for Thomas. not before a few more speed bumps though