Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drunk talk=true talk???
when im drunk i notice i dont think about things before i say them. sometimes it gets me into alot of trouble. and i feel more comfortable being like that around my guy friends than my gf. idk. soul searching is really hard.

wakeboarder Wrote:when im drunk i notice i dont think about things before i say them. sometimes it gets me into alot of trouble. and i feel more comfortable being like that around my guy friends than my gf. idk. soul searching is really hard.

I have to agree that soul searching is hard, I think for me it's easier when I am drunk because I don't think about the consequences until after I sober up.
Richard

No I dont think it is that you speak the truth per se , but when you are drunk you are definitely more likely to say something you would phrase better were you not intoxicated. It is also possible to be inclined to say something you would hold back when sober because inhibitions are down. It is possible to be so drunk that you won't remember anything afterwards, blacking out, so if someone gets to that point they may say things that could be truthful but it depends on the situations. I have had friends who opened their true feelings about a bunch of things when drunk.

Some drunk people would do anything for attention! Ridiculous things, one wouldnt be inclined to do when sober. SO it depends on the situation in which you are in.

Your response to your wife was partly honest because you held back some of the truth. That in itself is proof that drunk talk is not necessarily true talk, but perhaps it makes us less guarded about our private thoughts, feelings and opinions.

I always tell the truth when im drunk, but really really drunk. In other cases, i know i have lied when intoxicated.

Im one of those people who will tell you exactly what im feeling when im drunk. I normally would hold back with what i say, but the alcohol gives me that "I dont give a shit" persona. I guess drunk talk is in a way like telling the truth. Drunk talk also comes out the wrong way most of the time.

SleepTalker Wrote:Im one of those people who will tell you exactly what im feeling when im drunk. I normally would hold back with what i say, but the alcohol gives me that "I dont give a shit" persona. I guess drunk talk is in a way like telling the truth. Drunk talk also comes out the wrong way most of the time.

That was the point I was trying to make about being "honest but inappropriate."

When we're sober we filter better; choose better (more delicate) words.

When we're drunk, we lose the filter and all we get is the crude, raw idea.

Those who lie when drunk probably lie when sober but the lies are probably more refined when sober.

I really don't know, this is just my impression.

i get happy feet when im drunk.... I sway, i tap the floor too many times to stay up right and ontop of that i utter complete crap which is put on a loop so i dont get drunk very often.... Maybe once every 5 years ill do it ~Smile