Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
english words that dont sound english
partis Wrote:Ballet, brunette, belle, clique, etc etc, damn french stop invading us :p
We started in 1066 and have never stopped since.... mwahahaha.

Dang Chase and Biochemy are so smarty pants :3

Y'all should have a baby together :3 . Chase can be da Mama and Biochemy will be da deddy and when Biochemy comes home from work all dressed in his smarty pants, suit and tie and lab coat over them, brief case in tow, he'll expect Chasey to have dinner prepared , because Chasey gets home early from engineering.

But hopefully Chasey will have learned from previous times when he was late, when he found Biochemy sitting in the arm chair with the lights off and a glass of Chardonnay in his hand, Sardonic happiness written on his face, as he was then hoisted upon Biochemy's shoulder and --

The End :3

Can I be the Auntie? :3

partis Wrote:I'm in Europe! :p

So is that cos "Europe" sounds like your word for vomit or cause you guys just "hate" europe and europeans.

Ps - when i was a kid i thought europe was another country, it cames as a bit of a shock when i found out i was european, thats not even a funny.

At least, you've learnt since you were a child. Some people never do:

princealbertofb Wrote:We started in 1066 and have never stopped since.... mwahahaha.

Now take responsibility for all those Haitians and French Guyanese :3

I always wondered though if French people can understand them cause their(Haitians/Guyanese) french sounds more rough. I only know some French but still x.x I know they speak a patois seeing as how they are derivatives from Africa but still >·>

princealbertofb Wrote:We started in 1066 and have never stopped since.... mwahahaha.

Although they were technically Norman Vikings, not French?

HumbleTangerine Wrote:Ombudsman! I couldn't believe it when I heard it the first time!
Love that word. Actually I think that's also from Dutch or German... if I remember correctly. It's a word I've only recently, learnt, though I'd been speaking English merrily for the past 52 years. So what do you people think of my word : akimbo?

partis Wrote:Although they were technically Norman Vikings, not French?
But they were originally Vikings, yes, some centuries before... By then, they had adopted the local language made of Gallic, Latin and Frank... so that's why English has almost double the words from French. For instance, animal's flesh : mutton, beef, veal, pork, come from the French mouton, boeuf, veau and porc, some of those from the low Latin, while live animals continued to be called by their Anglo-Saxon names : sheep, ox, calf and swine (German : Schaff, Ochs, Kalb und Schwein). That's why you can use words or expressions such as "amorous", or "in love". What a wealth of choice!

Akimbo... sounds like what it is :p

How did you like my YouTube offering, Partis?

my god I watched that video PA ... that lady can have children too !!!! she should be stopped....she didn't even know France was a country !! never mind Hungary which was the answer = that is really scary