Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eww!!!
CENTIPEDES. My mortal fear. THEY ARE EVIL.

Spiders!

I've been harrased by about six in recent weeks. They dart out from somewhere in to the middle of the floor on their way to some dark corner or other.

Bitch-Cat regards them with mild amusement.

Household Flea Spray works on spiders but it comes in large cannisters and costs about £15 from my vet. Someone told me of a natural remedy, conkers or Horse Chestnuts, I'm told spiders hate them. However someone else told me that was a myth.

...and please, quit posting pics of spiders, it's gross!

I hate large spiders... like once they start getting around the size of my thumb, I freak out. Smaller ones I'm fine with, I'll either just walk away or squish them with my fingers, but large ones....

I used to be really afraid of bees/wasps/etc. but after having gone over to Europe where they seem to be tamer (they were where I was at least) my fear has decreased a little bit. Now I can swat at them and not really freak out so much. Smile

DRIMO Wrote:ALL kinds of spiders.

Specially these monstrosities:

[Image: goliath-birdeater.jpg]

[Image: spider-hell.jpg]
the turantula looks awsome, it's the other one ( a wondering spider i think) that worries me:frown:

ManicLewis21 Wrote:CENTIPEDES. My mortal fear. THEY ARE EVIL.

yes they are

DRIMO Wrote:You can outrun bees, actually. Just run as fast as you can. xD The annoying bit is that bees have really excellent memories.:eek:

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]I don't know the average speed of a bee, but I do know that the ones that caught up with me were mighty fast that's for sure..!!!
[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

DRIMO Wrote:ALL kinds of spiders.

Specially these monstrosities:

I would take a flamethrower to that bottom pic... nobody needs spider babies :eek:

ZackT Wrote:There's things around here called Sun Spiders. They're not actually true spiders, they're more like relatives to scorpions. But man, they're some ugly bastards and aggressive too. Here's a good picture of them.

[Image: solpugid_todd-300x193.jpg]

They're actually kinda big, probably the size of most guys palms in length.

I was just going to list the same exact one. I remember when I was in college, stepping on an enormous spider outside the Center for Performing Arts. I heard a crunch and all of a sudden hundreds of tiny black spiders began swarming out from under my shoe. I had one of those Mickey Mouse and the broomstick moments from the Sorcerer's Apprentice before it came to me that the spider was actually carrying its egg sack. I will add to that the harmless but creepy Jerusalem cricket.

[Image: Jerusalem.jpg]

That picture with the baby spiders looks like a Huntsman Spider, probably one of the most common household spiders in Australia and can get to the size of a dinner plate.

[Image: clockspider.jpg]

As you can see by the legs sticking out from under this clock. They aren't venomous, very very shy and definately not aggresive. My ex was known to empty a can of Mortein on one of these spiders.

dfiant Wrote:That picture with the baby spiders looks like a Huntsman Spider, probably one of the most common household spiders in Australia and can get to the size of a dinner plate.

[Image: clockspider.jpg]

As you can see by the legs sticking out from under this clock. They aren't venomous, very very shy and definately not aggresive. My ex was known to empty a can of Mortein on one of these spiders.

Oh, yes. I have seen shows about the spiders in Australia. We have tarantulas here, but they are more rare and live only in the South West. Give me the bear, cougar, and wolf of my native mountains any day over giant spiders and insects. The thought of it is making me itch all over as we speak.