Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fashion advice?
Marky Wrote:Don't think of it as a chore or something you have to do.. Fashion should be fun :biggrin: and most importantly.. it should be YOU!

Too true. I want to update my wardrobe, cause it was all geared towards keepeing ppl away, (i was closeted and didnt want to attract attention to myself). Downside is now My clothes work against me :tongue:

I agree with the above. my own two cents with this is that fashion is what Paris and New York etc. say you should ware. style is what you look good in. personally atm I'm wearing chinos with a jacket and t shirt with print on it ( today is Dr. Oven with SCIENCE! above him)

Try as many different things as you can. Go to a clothes shop with a friend and do a montage like they do on tv etc. until you walk out of the changing with something you both like.

Anonymous Wrote:Too true. I want to update my wardrobe, cause it was all geared towards keepeing ppl away, (i was closeted and didnt want to attract attention to myself). Downside is now My clothes work against me :tongue:

Aha aw bless ! What style do YOU want? :tongue:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

What sort of body have you got? Good looking? Fit? Or on the contrary a few flaws to hide? Then also, is there a colour that you look healthy in and one that tends to make you look ill or sick? Check it out in a mirror. Ask for professional advice from a friend if necessary.

I also want to add that trends change a lot so buy clothes that you like but you can use most of time.

That's a useful hint, Yuki, you want to be able to wear the clothes for a given amount of time. I'd say choose something in which you feel comfortable being yourself. ie, don't choose something that is too revealing if you are modest, or that is too short if it's going to make you feel cold or awkward... It's like shoes, you've got to choose something that fits and won't hurt you every time you walk.

Marky Wrote:Aha aw bless ! What style do YOU want? :tongue:

Interesting question. Something to compliment my skin tone, but that isnt straight one colored. Something a little casual & flirty and a little bit edgy.

princealbertofb Wrote:What sort of body have you got? Good looking? Fit? Or on the contrary a few flaws to hide? Then also, is there a colour that you look healthy in and one that tends to make you look ill or sick? Check it out in a mirror. Ask for professional advice from a friend if necessary.

Im very lean, wiry, cause Its hard for my to put on pounds. I excercise through walking & cycling, but am not in top shape tbh. I'm not really trying to hide anything, cause Ive got nothing to hide Confusedmile:

Anonymous Wrote:Interesting question. Something to compliment my skin tone, but that isnt straight one colored. Something a little casual & flirty and a little bit edgy.

Im very lean, wiry, cause Its hard for my to put on pounds. I excercise through walking & cycling, but am not in top shape tbh. I'm not really trying to hide anything, cause Ive got nothing to hide Confusedmile:

Nothing to hide? Today there is even special underwear that will promote your "package" if you are comfortable wearing that, or if that's what you want to advertise about yourself... lol. Check it out. I'll see if I can provide a link to that sort of supportive underwear.

princealbertofb Wrote:Nothing to hide? Today there is even special underwear that will promote your "package" if you are comfortable wearing that, or if that's what you want to advertise about yourself... lol. Check it out. I'll see if I can provide a link to that sort of supportive underwear.

lol, thats a little bit much I think, not really trying to go that far. I dont need support..er down there. :tongue: :redface:

I dunno, you could try the hipster look. Plaid could feature heavily in your wardrobe if you want lots of colour. Stay away from baggy stuff if you're really wiry since it'll make you look decrepit. Make sure the stuff is all well fitted.

My one piece of shopping advice. DO NOT SPLURGE. Go out and buy one thing at a time, and only buy if its absolutely what you want. If you're unsure of it at the store, you certainly won't like it at home!

As for edgy, try a trendy thrift store. I'm not sure where you're based, but for me, as I'm in Toronto, the place to hit is kensington market. Google street map it to get a feel for the kinda shop I'm talking about. I admit they're totally sketchy, but they can have great bargains and they are most definitely edgy!!!