Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fashion
Just had a piece about fashion experiences published in a magazine, will post an an extract here

For me fashion has always been about making a statement and, early on about being noticed and fitting in. My early forays into fashion were influenced by glamorous eighties films like grease and fame. I hail from the tradition welsh valleys where many people wear conventional clothes and I wanted to stand out from the crowd. I started wearing clothes that were somewhat risque and this allowed me to make the statement I strived for.
....As time as ticked on i've moved on and my ideas of style as well as priorities has changed. Gone are the feelings that I have to fit in and the playground pressure of convention has been lifted too. Time has seen me, while still caring about looking good, go for comfort and maintenance. I'ts fun to look back on the history that made made me dress the way I did but it also feels good to be free of early constraints.

I am interested to hear all of your'e opinions on fashion. Were you forced to fit in. Do you dress to impress or are you more intersted in comfort. Be good to hear your'e thoughts.

I can't say I'm overly bothered. I like my brands, but not particularly keen on some of the price tags.

Will buy for that happy medium of comfort and dress to look good.. cept when I get stuff from Sports World where I can load up on cheap chav-wear! Big Grin

So no Primark for me... but no spending stupid amounts of money for a branded t-shirt either.

I'm only any good when it comes to suits, but casual ware I'm a complete failure at.

hello.i love wering very nice fashon cloths and i love going shopping and look at new cloths! i am very fashonble!:biggrin: Confusedmile: Roflmao

I'm a lover of fashion but rather than wearing fashion to fit in I wear it to make a statement about myself and stand out from the norm......

Xyxthumbs

Looking forward to reading your article Sparky

CONGRATS ON GETTING A PIECE PUBLISHED.

I more or less found my voice at uni. From that point on I have always considered myself fashion forward. When I had NO money I was able to purchase wisely and look good and unique. When I was earning a ton of money I still purchased wisely looking for pieces that were unique but still classic. When I managed the production of a fashion designer I had my choice of the most amazing pieces nearly made for me...

I believe that you can always look unique and show a special part of yourself in all situations.

I've never been fashionable...i throw clothes on and hope for the best lol i prefer comfort to style tho gimme a pair of shorts and a baggy jumper anyday!

I have never managed to get the fashion thing right. Princealbertofb is rather amazing in that he often buys me clothes I would never think of buying for myself, but once I try them on I usually really like them.

My own choice of clothes seems to attract remarks like, "Are you going to a festival?", as happened a couple of days ago :redface:

sparky71 Wrote:Just had a piece about fashion experiences published in a magazine, will post an an extract here

For me fashion has always been about making a statement and, early on about being noticed and fitting in. My early forays into fashion were influenced by glamorous eighties films like grease and fame. I hail from the tradition welsh valleys where many people wear conventional clothes and I wanted to stand out from the crowd. I started wearing clothes that were somewhat risque and this allowed me to make the statement I strived for.
....As time as ticked on i've moved on and my ideas of style as well as priorities has changed. Gone are the feelings that I have to fit in and the playground pressure of convention has been lifted too. Time has seen me, while still caring about looking good, go for comfort and maintenance. I'ts fun to look back on the history that made made me dress the way I did but it also feels good to be free of early constraints.

I am interested to hear all of your'e opinions on fashion. Were you forced to fit in. Do you dress to impress or are you more intersted in comfort. Be good to hear your'e thoughts.

A recent piece in Télérama told of a couple of Dutch photographers cum artists and sociologists who take pictures of people in stations. They then generally class the people they've photographed in a set of types of fashion statements (what it also says about their values and priorities etc...) and it's rather funny to see so many pictures of people just dressed as they normally dress grouped together, showing, in passing, how all identical they appear to be. So there is definitely none of that sense of being unique. They have so far categorized 15 or 16 types.

marshlander Wrote:I have never managed to get the fashion thing right. Princealbertofb is rather amazing in that he often buys me clothes I would never think of buying for myself, but once I try them on I usually really like them.

My own choice of clothes seems to attract remarks like, "Are you going to a festival?", as happened a couple of days ago :redface:

I find it great that they should think you're going to a festival, that at least denotes some festiveness in your clothing. Confusedmile: