Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fed up with being pushed into a box
There is not such thing as "the gay community" just men in the "world community" that happen to like men and women that happen to like women.
Simple.
You be whoever you want to be.
Wear whatever you want to wear.
Speak however you want to speak.

If someone has an issue with you or your actions, personally, I try to sort it out with them. But don't stress yourself, if they don't give in, let them be and move on.
Just worry about yourself, those who care for you, and mainly your health. So rest up a bit, think of who YOU WANT TO BE, and go ahead and move forward.

And yup, gay's just a word. Like cake and rice and pineapple.

Retrospect Wrote:And yup, gay's just a word. Like cake and rice and pineapple.

Gay, however, is not a food. Just pointing that out.

I missed this while I was gone. I have to admit, I had similar feelings at first. I wished the notion hadn't occurred to me. Everything was going to be harder.

With time though, it got easier. I don't live in an area where there are a lot of gay people, it's pretty rural. But I'm me. I have straight friends I'm out to and hang with. I don't try to fit in anyone else's box. It's hard meeting guys at times, but I have and I will. Eventually maybe I'll move, but I won't change myself wherever I end up; I'll still seek friends that share similar interests.

I can't say I'm interested in cars but I have enountered other gay guys into cars. You aren't alone; it's just a matter of finding them. Maybe even a few online friends with similar interests (googling quick I found this site, for example: http://www.justguys.net/group.htm?groupid=42 ).

I must admit that I skimmed everything, so my apologies if I missed anything... but I wanted to respond on all that I'd missed. I know it might feel this way right now but you aren't alone and you'll become more confident in who you are, even as a gay man, as you learn to accept the things you cannot change and work on those things (career, body, etc) that you can

Sorry about the rant and all that.

I guess this has just kinda thrown my entire life out of whack. I'm afraid to make any move really.. I have goals.. but they're not really for anything.. just empty hobbies.