Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feel like ive let myself down with my future ADVICE
hi, the thing is that I will be starting university this year. I didn't get in to my first choice but did in my second choice uni but I feel like I've let myself down and feel really disappointed in myself. I believe that there's so much difference between them and I would have better chance of getting a good job if I got in to my first choice as it was a good uni with good links with top firms. I am actually very satisfied with the Alevels results I have achieved.
I will be the first one in my family to go to university and 6years ago I wouldn't have dreamt of attending university as we lived in Kenya and didn't think I would go to uni but instead start working after school and don't get me wrong my life there was good. since then we moved to the UK. When I think about it, I tell myself that I am very lucky to be actually going to university and millions of people around the world don't have the chance and would give lots to be in my shoes. Although im not very enthusiastic about the one im going to attend, its still a decent and good uni.

personally I feel like I have set myself high standards in my life and future career that I have forgotten about my surroundings and its getting in to my head that I wont be as successful as I would like to be just because im going to a less respected uni.
I would appreciate it if I could receive some advice and what others think about this or if am over reacting.

I personally done amazingly well but as you set your sights on another uni then its natural to feel that you didn't accomplish what you set out to do - mrk2010 is a good guy to speak on Uni matters. hope he sees your thread because hes a guy who;s been through Uni and done well for himself