Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fiber & other supplements
Hi all. Ok, so I am a stocky top and I am working to get myself to a healthier weight. I am looking to start taking some fiber supplements and possibly some other supplements to support my body as I eat healthier and try and clean out my system as well.

Furthermore, while I am a top, I do have the occasional time where I would want to bottom, which is why I want to help do a "clean out" before I would do any enema or anything.

Suggestions?

Eating healthy, not too much, and getting regular exercise are the key factors. If you eat a varied diet and don't have any physical deficiencies, supplements are unnecessary and too many are simply scams. Don't believe their claims, they are a largely unregulated industry.

Bran flakes, bran muffin, banana and a glass of 50 calorie OJ in the morning. Carrot/celery stick snacks throughout the day, and an apple (fibre in the skin). Eat fish at least twice a week. Eat more kidney beans (I slip them into dishes every few days – again more fibre). Plenty of exercise, I try two hours on the rower daily and a four mile walk every Sunday.

Jovial Wrote:Bran flakes, bran muffin, banana and a glass of 50 calorie OJ in the morning. Carrot/celery stick snacks throughout the day, and an apple (fibre in the skin). Eat fish at least twice a week. Eat more kidney beans (I slip them into dishes every few days – again more fibre). Plenty of exercise, I try two hours on the rower daily and a four mile walk every Sunday.
Wild fish not grown in captivity have the omega 3's, plus you can make smoothie's in the blender with lots of differant fruits and veggie's, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I loved All Bran because it made me feel All Bran new, but I got sick of eating cardboard.

But eating a banana a day keeps me healthy.

And also eating soluble fibre is important.

James Wrote:Wild fish not grown in captivity have the omega 3's, plus you can make smoothie's in the blender with lots of differant fruits and veggie's, Jim

Mmm... smoothies. Too bad I killed my blender via placing it on a hot burner. Oh well, burned more calories cleaning up the mess I guess. :p

Lilitu Wrote:I loved All Bran because it made me feel All Bran new, but I got sick of eating cardboard.

But eating a banana a day keeps me healthy.

And also eating soluble fibre is important.

Hehe... I LOVE the taste of All Bran; and Earl Grey tea tastes like fruit loops. Strange duck indeed.

Samdabisa Wrote:Hi all. Ok, so I am a stocky top and I am working to get myself to a healthier weight. I am looking to start taking some fiber supplements and possibly some other supplements to support my body as I eat healthier and try and clean out my system as well.

Furthermore, while I am a top, I do have the occasional time where I would want to bottom, which is why I want to help do a "clean out" before I would do any enema or anything.

Suggestions?

Unless you have a medical problem that leads to bowel issues, I would suggest you refrain from gaining a dependency on supplemental fibers and seek to increase fiber in your diet.

As for supplements, I advice a daily multivitamin that meets your daily recommended needs for everything since there really isn't any way that in a single day you can meet all of the needs on everything.

As for increasing fiber and losing weight at the same time.

It is relatively easy to achieve. Considering that those foods higher in fiber also tend to be lower in calories - veg and fruit is one such example.

Peas, Broccoli, turnip greens, spinach greens, pears, apples, are all fairly high in the fiber department, but low in the calorie department. Well that low calorie count turns high if you fix your greens in a cup of bacon grease. :tongue:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fi...ds/NU00582 is a list of high fiber foods.

Grains are tricky, they usually tend to be higher in the caloric count, but they are also very high in the fiber count.

I think the easiest way to boost the nutrition is to divide your plate into threes. 1/3rd of your plate is a starch (grain) and a meat, the other 2/3rds are fruits and vegetable matter.

Its doesn't have to be that way with every meal - you can have the occasional deep fried fish and chips, or your fish taco or the greasy pizza - just not every day.

What appears to be the most doable when it comes to 'bad foods' for most people is to have one day a week where they allow themselves 'junk foods'. Saturday, watching TV/movies having your BigMac, super sized Fries and Super-sized regular coke for dinner and snack of candy bars, butter soaked highly salted popcorn for the evening. While it is a lot of calories and would be horrible for the body if you did it every night, if you only do that once a week (or less -depends on your mood) and stuck with good foods, decent meal planning the rest of the week its not going to do much harm to your body nor to your food plan.

The best way to eat better is to cook your own foods. From scratch. If you don't have that skill I am currently single and am a great cook - I bake pumpkin pies starting in the spring with planting a pumpkin seed - that is how 'from scratch' I bake pies:biggrin:

On a more serious note, I do do a lot of baking, but I use half whole wheat flour with white flour, I cut out the added oil and use no-sugar apple sauce or prune puree in replace of the oil, cut the sugar added to half. I end up with moist, melt in the mouth sweet tasting breads and muffins that are nearly half the calories.

My Pumpkin pie uses half the sugar and a touch more spice, my crusts use half the shortening and are a touch thinner - thus about 2/3 of the calories of store bought.

Doing your own cooking you can really cut calories (but not flavor) by reducing the added fats (shortening, oils, butter) and reducing the sugar or replacing the sugar with things like apple sauce, prune puree. Now days there is Splenda - I been using that for the diabetic I am cooking for and I am making pretty tasty pies, cookies, breads and whatnot.

Using half the whole wheat instead of all white processed flour will boost the fibre content of baked goods - so the caloric issue is offset by the 'health' of the food in other areas.

It all depends on your metabolism. Like for me, I have basically cut way back on what I eat and have lost 20lbs in five months. When I graduated school in 2011 I weighed 145lbs. By June 2013 I was at 186lbs. This was because I had been eating more and wasn't exercising like I was in school. I still don't exercise so I'm afraid at how much faster I would slim down if I did! I used to run 7 miles a day because I was in ROTC, Track, and Cross Country.

I get off track way to easy, if nobody has noticed.

Now to get the train back on track. This will be difficult, trust me, but try replacing the majority of your diet with vegetarian meals. Also, you need to regularly elevate your heart rate for at least one hour a day. I'm a martial artist, which I need to start taking my classes again. However, running is one of the best methods. Cardio is the most important workout in my mind.

IDK where you live but if you can find a Martial Arts school that has a Shaolin Workout or offers Southern Shaolin Kung Fu that will work you out!!!

I say all of this because I see a lot of people who get all wrapped up in supplements. I hate supplements because even though it may say all natural or whatever chances are it isn't. The only all natural thing is diet and exercise.

And if you are going for abs remember abs start in the kitchen not in the gym.

Best of luck to you!